Life Time - Lifeguard | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "I ended up working fairly long hours because I was a good employee" (in 118 reviews)

• "Quick Upper Management turnover" (in 76 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Lifeguard"

I worked at Life Time part-time

Pros

Good pay
Free membership
Opportunity to advance

Cons

Unstable management at the time

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"A Good Place... If You're an Adrenaline Junky"

Former Employee - 3D Digital Artist in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - 3D Digital Artist in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Life Time full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Responsive to my technical & office needs. They provided very high-end workstations for me to perform my job.

Cons

Ironically, "The Healthy Way of Life Company" was the most unhealthy job I've ever had. Unbelievable pressure to perform = high stress. The woman in the cubical next to mine had been reduced to tears on more than one occasion, and quit after 3 weeks. I quit after 3 months.

Departmental Leaders were self-professed, unapologetic, adrenaline junkies, and expected the same from everyone. If you "under-perform", you're dispensable.

Advice to Management

Get a clue! An employee's work environment should not feel like a war-zone.

2. "Financially rewarding, but I feel concern for neuroticism in the workplace coming from management"

Current Employee - Swim Teacher
    Current Employee - Swim Teacher

I have been working at Life Time part-time

Pros

Good pay. Flexible hours. Great amenities

Cons

Management is unproffesional. Cliquey. No paid breaks. No breaks at all. Stringent on forcing workers to eat in the office. Suggesting I pay for a lifeguard class not reimbursed when required, and promised a paid class. Supervisor tries to hit on female workers/ co supervisors, bosses try to act like they are god's gift, supervisors/managers talk about alcoholism & drinking at work. Honestly it is more than I bargained for, but I just keep quiet & limit my social interactions ( clock in and clock out) to not feed into drama or entertain it.

Advice to Management

Maybe try to act like functioning people in a professional environment. Leave your drama and baggage at the front door, come to work prepared to succeed.

Discover more reviews about Life Time.