LifePath Hospice - Great Patient Care, but Poor Employee Treatment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LifePath Hospice

"Great Patient Care, but Poor Employee Treatment"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse
Current Employee - Staff Nurse

Pros

The patients, families, and coworkers are terrific.

Cons

Senior management not in touch with realities of field work, unreasonable expectation of staff, no respect for personal lives of staff.

Advice to Management

Ask your field staff about number of hours required to finish work each week! Are your expectations realistic? No. Are your staff remaining with your company out of company loyalty or patient loyalty?

Other Employee Reviews for LifePath Hospice

1. "Executives have no clue about employees nor do they care"

Current Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Temple Terrace, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Temple Terrace, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hospice is a speciality that you either love or hate. Being proud of what I do and loving my job is the biggest pro! Laid back work environment and scheduling flexibility are big pro's. Company experience depends on your manager. Management runs the gamut from excellent to good. Great IT support! The benefits are great. I have one of the best managers in the company. I get to work close to home and I love my schedule.

Cons

No holiday parties or intermittent small bonuses and pay is definitely on the lower range for the Tampa area. The talent pool is riddled with not so smart nurses and lazy nurses. Nurses week celebration usually is handled by sending an e-mail to nursing staff thanking them for their service, no gifts, meals or special celebrations by an executive but not CEO. As an employee for over five years, have only seen CEO once.

Advice to Management

More presence of upper management amongst the front lines and increase tuition assistance and certification reimbursements. Recognize and commit to make nurses week special for nurses.

2. "Corporate Structure Mentality"

I worked at LifePath Hospice full-time

Pros

The people actually doing the work and taking care of the patients are so wonderful and really care about the families they touch.

Cons

Corporate executives do not seem to understand what employees go through on a daily basis and appear to care more about the bottom line than employee culture and growth.