LifePoint Health - Great pay as a contractor, absolutely zero job security. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LifePoint Health

"Great pay as a contractor, absolutely zero job security."

Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Nashville, TN
Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at LifePoint Health as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The rate of pay is among the higher in the industry from what I understand. There is an abundance of opportunities to expand one's skill set and improve one's resume.

Cons

There is no job security whatsoever for contractors. One will often receive very little notice (regardless of job performance) that services are no longer required when projects come to a completion. It is vital to keep your resume up to date when working for this company.

Advice to Management

More transparency in dealings with contract employees in order to provide realistic expectations of employment duration.

Other Employee Reviews for LifePoint Health

"Hospital Support Center ("Corporate") is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LifePoint has a very encouraging, relaxed work environment. Everyone is supportive and there is a true spirit of providing great hospital care to rural America. The corporate offices, called the Hospital Support Center (HSC), houses all of the centralized services that support the hospitals. There truly is a spirit within the HSC of serving our network of hospitals. We recognize that we don't create any billable charges - rather we support those that do.

The culture is very relaxed and forward-thinking. Innovation is encouraged and supported. Within my service areas, employees have direct access to VP and Sr VP level executives. There is enough of a hierarchy to keep things orderly, but there is no superiority complex amongst executives.

While I cannot speak to the status of working within one of the hospitals specifically, the "HSC" is a great work environment.

Cons

LifePoint is a growing company. It has added multiple hospitals over the past few years. As it grows, it needs to take advantage of the size-based leverage opportunities available to the company. It also needs to further define/refine employee career pathways. There is hardly any "development" program, although there is a VERY loose O development program that has no clear entry/application route. As HSC employees continue there career, it is hard to identify how/where to grow within the HSC or the facilities themselves.

Advice to Management

Its clear you value your employees - keep up the good work, but help mid-career individuals find ways to grow professionally and identify career pathways within the company. If you think I'm a good or great employee, be proactive to retain me before I begin to look elsewhere for much needed professional growth.

"Most unsafe hospital I was ever employed"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Livingston, TN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Livingston, TN

I worked at LifePoint Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was ok, and years ago when I first began working there, there were some competent management and staff

Cons

Consistently understaffed, poorly equipped, and the turnover rate led to incompetent nursing because competent nurses speak out about understaffing and unsafe patient environments. Incompetent nurses accept unsafe patient environments and understaffing and are rewarded for this behavior. Management are rewarded for bullying and chasing away competent nurses. Experienced nurses make more money and recognize medicare and Medicaid violations and are vocal about it. They are rebuked, defamed and sometimes libeled. The only thing this corporation cares about is making or saving a dime. Although they hide behind god, their only god is green.

Advice to Management

Your management style is,short sighted and in to long run will be your downfall. Pay attention to your nurses, staffing and equipment issues. Reward competence, stop the bullying. Be the image you want to project.