LifePoint Health - Good company suffering from typical growing pains. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LifePoint Health

"Good company suffering from typical growing pains."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Brentwood, TN
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My immediate team is great to work with and always eager to help each other. As of 01/01/14, the LifePoint corporate office has move into a newly constructed building with a great feel and excellent amenities. This appears to be helping create a more conducive team atmosphere among the various teams.

Cons

There is somewhat of a disconnect between corporate and hospital staff due to rapid company growth and geographical separation. There also seems to be a relatively high turnover rate in key areas in the corporate office.

Advice to Management

Become more connected to each team member in the various departments and find out what is important to them. Hopefully, this will help minimize the turn over and help LifePoint become even better of a company to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for LifePoint Health

"Not "employee-friendly""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at LifePoint Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent jobs and salaries if you're in the "favored few." New building is nice. Some of the people are great to work alongside.

Cons

- Warring departments
    - Bullying by middle management level in some departments
    - Senior Executives (Officer level) extremely unaware of true nature of culture below them
    - Culture has evolved to become just like HCA and CHS

Advice to Management

Conduct extensive probing of employee satisfaction results. Hire a third-party to conduct interviews with employees and guarantee anonymity.

"Best environment and best people that it has ever been my pleasure to work with."

Current Employee - IT&S in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - IT&S in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked in IT&S at the corporate office for over 7 years. The department has grown from a small band to a sophisticated, well-oiled, working machine during that time. To the Big Guy that wrote the review throwing stones at the CIO, you've only been here for a short time. You did not see what he had to start with to get where the department is today. If you had been here longer and witnessed the changes and the decisions that have had to be made, perhaps you would be kinder. Our CIO frequently asks employees for their opinions and for their analysis of situations, and he really listens. Without his leadership, we would never have gotten so many systems installed in so many facilities in the past 4 years. It was a huge endeavor but everyone in IT can be proud of the successes of our department. We have a tremendous team of full-time employees and contractors that work in the department and in the company. We have some of the most talented and caring people that I've ever worked with (and I started in healthcare IT 30 years ago). We have each other's back and we all work very hard but we're a team (well, the majority of us are). Other employees frequently stop to offer help, and I will stop whatever I'm doing to help someone else in a heartbeat and that includes anyone at a hospital. We have the utmost respect for the employees of the hospitals and for what they do on a daily basis. That's the environment in IT&S at LifePoint. The company culture is one of compassion and honesty. No company is perfect but I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

There are still a few employees who prefer to throw stones anonymously than to stand up and give their opinion out loud and then get back to work and be a part of the team. Yes, we work a lot of long, hard hours and could use more help but then we have to be good stewards of the monies that the hospitals work so hard to make.

Advice to Management

Please don't let the culture change when we move to the new building. Remember to be good stewards in all things. And to the CIO--thank you for what you've done for IT&S and for LifePoint.