LifeWay Christian Resources - Everything was fake. | Glassdoor

"Everything was fake."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Pros

Off on Sundays
Daily devotions for staff

Cons

People get hired and promoted who are clearly not living according to the LifeWay Vision Statement
No accountability for store managers

Advice to Management

Hire people who live the Christian life and also live according to the morals that we were supposed to adhere to. In this store, several employees would spend more time talking about other employees on the sales floor, thus ignoring the customers and staff needs.

Other Employee Reviews for LifeWay Christian Resources

1. "Not so bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

I found that work at lifeway was ok most the time. I enjoyed making friends and meeting new people. I also enjoyed a discount.

Cons

The main con is that lifeway was a very strict company to work for, and sometimes it was very frustrating.

Advice to Management

I advise management to take their employees' opinions more seriously and to respect their feelings. I also believe that a bit more open-mindedness may ease some tensions.

2. "Over all, the connection with people is amazing by God bringing together the customer with just the right associate."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

flexable hours to suit your schedule, product knowledge to help reach the world for Christ, caring co-workers to constantly keeping you encouraged, and a corporate office that supports the work of the mission field . love it.

Cons

Lack of personel especially on event days are stressfull.
    Event days planned around the same time as MAP days.
    Employees not allowed to be creative with Feature walls and endcaps.
    Out of Stock replenishment not fast enough. Especially with something is on sale.
    No door bell up front to get in the building. lol

Advice to Management

Instead of just coming to stores to grade it's faults and pluses, most associates would like to get to know our leadership better on a personal note. more town hall meetings so to speak.
    working for LW for umpteen years, I have only met a half a handful of leaderhip in my lifetime from Nashville. Maybe you need to do the undercover Boss.lol