Lifetouch - Lifetouch is in a market in transition | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

"Lifetouch is in a market in transition"

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Biggest portrait company on earth, period. They do things in a big way! You can be exposed to some of the most advanced technology on the planet. They know how to make money.

Cons

Too big to really, truly care at all levels. Some areas are fantastic. Some jobs and offices are awful. No consistency. Quality depends on your manager.

Advice to Management

Find a new market for imaging that is Internet-centered. None of us wants prints any more. You can buy up all the smaller portrait companies on earth, but the market for packages of prints will still dry up and blow away in a few years. Don't be another Kodak.

Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch

"Seasonal is stressfull"

I worked at Lifetouch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Umm None, if you like being employed but never having to work this job is for you.

Cons

I was rushed to learn the sales process, my hours were drastically cut with no warning. I'm not even sure I have a job still since I haven't worked in almost a month. That might have just been my manager though. Even after a month I was still having to ask questions because I was trained so fast. I hated having to go through the entire sales process with a customer with a screaming baby when they just wanted traditional portraits.

"Rewarding but not going to get you through to your golden years unless you rise through the ranks."

Pros

Opens your eyes to the lives of people around you.
    Exposed to a variety of people and ways of life.
    Adds several job skills to your resume if you word it right.
    Close knit community of co-workers.

Cons

Ratio of pay to difficulty of job is not equilateral.
    Layoff periods are hard to get through.
    Politics can be cumbersome.
    Upper management has been shaky and the different philosophies are felt all through the ranks. Life is a bit chaotic.

Advice to Management

Don't let profit be the entire motivator and take better care of your photographers. They are your backbone.