Lifetouch - It was very professional , and a great network. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

"It was very professional , and a great network."

Former Employee - Warehouse Tech in Bloomington, MN
Former Employee - Warehouse Tech in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a great work envirement, great salary and retirement.

Cons

it can be very clickish and alot of politics.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch

"Fun Job, awful everything else"

Former Employee - Studio Team Member in Duluth, MN
    Former Employee - Studio Team Member in Duluth, MN

I worked at Lifetouch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was very fun to take pictures of the kids, and I made a really great friend (who also no longer works there for the same reason).

Cons

ALL hours were on-call and manager only called in her personal favorites. Everyone else had to set aside 5 full days (from 10am-7pm) of time every week where no solid personal plans could be made because if you couldn't come in that 5% of the time you were "needed," and stay for the whole 8 hours (10 during peak season), you were written up.

One person was expected to be able to handle a full day of appointments every 40 minutes. The customers hated this, and the pictures ended up being garbage because 10 minutes of time in the camera room was not enough time to get decent photos.

We were expected to sell aforementioned garbage photos for at least $85 every time, or the manager would cut our hours.

You were judged on everything: photo variety, photo quality, enhancement variety, sales average, time in the camera room (no more than 10 minutes!), customer satisfaction, strict adherence to the patented sales pitch every single time, cleanliness, even availability.

Very unprofessional (Studio manager talked about everyone behind their backs. She badmouthed me for asking for my break one day, which I'd been denied before regardless of the law)

Incredibly cheap ($8/hour salary, was told to wait 30 minutes to clock in to avoid extra hours)
    Manipulative to nice families to boost sales. A bad sales average meant even fewer hours if you weren't a personal favorite of the manager, so you had to choose between being honest about coupons and prices or losing hours.

RIDICULOUS retention rate (after one month working there, I became the most senior team member)

There's so much more but I can't even list all the things that were wrong with it. Just do not work there.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they matter and don't blame company policy for all your mistakes. Don't be so lazy and selfish. Pay people more before expecting them to

2. "Seasonal Help in the Studio"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning more about photography and the equipment, getting to be somewhat creative, Friendly staff, meeting new people and being part of taking their family memories.

Cons

1)Very low pay for everything your expected to do
    2)The "on call" system is a joke at best. You have no idea what you work from day to day but wait for a phone call after the studio closes to find out if you work the next day and what time,(makes having a life or planing things with your family imposable especially during the holidays)
    3) Very little to no training

Advice to Management

Start training holiday staff earlier(like Sept.) and not just on sales unless thats all they are expected to do, MAKE SCHEDULES and make changes if needed, "on call" doesn't work for people with families!