Lifetouch - Run ..Dont walk away from this job! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

"Run ..Dont walk away from this job!"

Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Specialist
Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Specialist

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like that we work independently and that we can take creative portraits.

Cons

Where do I begin? As a photographer/sales specialist we are sent to churches where you don't stand a chance of making money. Sometimes in the ghetto. The marketing rep in my area couldn't care less about our safety or if we make money. The company standard is that we set up at noon when arriving at a church. She will have us set up at ten am with the promise we will get done earlier but that never happens. She also has us start earlier than any other district nation wide on Saturdays. Complaining does no good.
We have a minimum wage guarantee but wage adjustments are supposedly done quarterly. It is so confusing it is really difficult to know if you ever get minimum wage. The most frustrating thing for me is the company pays us according to our sales average. If we are sent to a poor area and our average drops below 75% we make 12% commission instead of 16%. Now we are not only having a bad day but are further penalized by making less commission. Then to top it off..if we go to a better church within the same week, we have to sell a lot more in order to get our average up to 16%. I am out of here as soon as I find a better job. I am sent hours away from home week after week even though there are many churches in the city where I live.
Another problem is when you have co-workers who don't keep up. If we pick up extra sits to keep us on schedule it hurts our average. It is very unfair to get paid less for working harder.

Advice to Management

Without photographers Lifetouch would not exist. Give us the respect and pay we deserve.
Make the church consultants more accountable for the churches they enlist.

Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch

"Inside Sales Lifetouch Preschool Portraits"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Lifetouch Preschool Portraits in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are good M-F never any weekends, Nice corporate office building w/cafeteria

Cons

The job itself sucks, you have to make 100 calls minimum per day. The commission is really low and you make about 1/3 of what the outside sales reps make and you have higher goals than outside sales reps. So you have to sell more but get paid way less compared to outside sales reps. I would not recommend unless you like talking on the phone and getting rejected by people all day long.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep employees for this job you have to pay more.

2. "Great Company, difficult with communication"

Former Employee - Photography Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Photography Sales Specialist

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great resources within the company for learning, always room for improving paycheck, great working with other photographers

Cons

communication with managers/being lied to often, travel per diems sucked, no notice sometimes on travel

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be better between managers to the lower photographers and to maintain the overall company polices instead of making of your own rules that go against what the company says.