Lighting Supply Company - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, MI

Pros

Great co workers, get team overall

Cons

Not much room for advancement

Lighting Supply Company Response

Mar 5, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoy your team - we're proud of the helpful and positive team members throughout Lighting Supply. We do try to fill new positions from within the... More

Other Employee Reviews for Lighting Supply Company

1. "Great People, Stable Business"

I have been working at Lighting Supply Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This sort of business isn't flashy, but lighting is a staple product that people need through good times and bad, so this is a reliable business to be part of. It's been in business since 1983, and its continued success seems to come from slow but steady improvement and an honest commitment to customer care.

If you've struggled elsewhere with workplace drama and wished you could work in a place where people were really there to help you, Lighting Supply is a good option. With more than 50 employees, I've been impressed since the beginning with that fact that everyone is glad to lend a hand and most are quite friendly. I've never had a bad experience with an employee here.

Pay and benefits seem fair and are coupled with an excellent sense of work / life balance, which is a subtle but important perk. Dress is also "jeans casual," which is a great perk for those who don't want to dress up every day for work.

Recent years saw substantial technical upgrades to ultimately improve internal systems and customer support. I believe this resulted in some lower reviews here on Glassdoor, but the end result has largely been positive for those willing to move through change. I believe the company is moving in the right direction.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons worth pointing out. Like any company, we face ongoing growth and technical hurdles, and that's why we come to work and try to keep improving things.

2. "Account Manager"

I worked at Lighting Supply Company full-time

Pros

You can excel in sales here and be recognized immediately, but will eventually max out potential. Strong sales manager and good co-workers.

Cons

Owner and upper management have vision opposite of where the industry is going. Has become very micromanaged in recent years.