Lilly UK - Good place to work but no longer stands out in a crowd | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Lilly UK

"Good place to work but no longer stands out in a crowd"

Current Employee - Operation Technician in Liverpool, England (UK)
Current Employee - Operation Technician in Liverpool, England (UK)

Pros

I work shift and receive long days off. I work 2 days 2 nights and get 6 days off.

There are opportunities to work on projects i.e. coming off shift and working with a team of people. To see a project through to its completion is satisfying knowing all the hard work you put in.

The pension and benefits scheme is one of the best I have ever seen. it is non contributory. You may also make contributions in the form of SPECS which is taken from salaries there fore not taxed.

Cons

You can do the same job as someone else but don’t receive the same pay. Unfair pay scales based on time served and not knowledge.

I am told that it would take 10 years of doing the same job before I receive the same rate of pay as my colleagues.

I often feel beaten down if I am trying to hard in work, as if people want me to sit back and not work above the line as they call it

Advice to Management

Show gratitude when someone has done a good job, however it is done sometimes

Other Employee Reviews for Lilly UK

"Evolution is the key"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

These people really do care. Every year they focus on ensuring the employees know their objectives, understand them, have a development plan, don't get too frustrated... The effort spent on people is huge (if not talking about salaries or bonuses).

Cons

Objectives cannot be met just because is "nice working here", so management have realised they have to change the way they operate. Innovation and risk taking may be the key, but you have to be prepared, and you have to be bold and brave. Current management got to their positions developing other competencies not related to bravery... so Lilly ends up being a company focused in change, but not daring to do it!

Advice to Management

Stop talking about change and innovations and do it!

2. "Lilly is a disaster"

Current Employee - Full Time in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Full Time in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Lilly UK full-time

Pros

Legacy of greatness, people centric. People wanting to stay for their entire career. History of respect for people, and high values.

Cons

Wrecked, all loyalty gone. People that want to leave are made to stay, good people forced to leave who want to stay. If you play the game, and are diverse enough you may be given an expanded role for no additional reward. Very US centric, zero career profession anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Just stop, companies are not made on share price alone, you are bleeding to death. Stand up for your people. People coming to Lilly who want to stay for a lifetime is such a rarity, realise this.