Limelight Networks - My experience at Limelight has been amazing, with so many innovative people with the work hard play hard attitude. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

"My experience at Limelight has been amazing, with so many innovative people with the work hard play hard attitude."

Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere
telecommute
producing technology that the world uses and will rely on

Cons

Dynamic environment, change is always taking place in effort to improve efficiency.
Top level communication is sometimes vague.

Advice to Management

In my opinion, it is better to delay the launch of a product when it is not ready to protect the brand vs. releasing a product to meet a date requirement.

Something like:

Customers would rather have a house with doors a month late, rather than getting a house with no doors on the scheduled delivery date.

Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the Seattle office is second to none. Everyone's working together to make great products. We have almost no conflict between engineering, management, product and sales.

You might not believe this, but as a software team, we get to spend the time we need to deliver high quality, maintainable software, rather than rushed, buggy crap. Both product management and sales respect the engineering team's recommendations and only occasionally oversell / overcommit.

Cons

Some of the company policies coming from HQ can introduce unnecessary overhead around things like machine acquisition and deployments, but even this is kept in check by excellent management.

Advice to Management

Continue growing toward the more agile, less process driven ways of doing things. Follow the lead of the Seattle office to develop a collaborative, trust-based environment throughout the entire company.

"Awesome employer!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, not micro-managed, open communication - information is shared readily to everyone, teamwork -
    To those who had issues - you are responsible for getting your own work done, if assignment is not clear it is up to you to ask for clarification (in other words, be an adult!)

Cons

Departments need to work more cohesively. There is a "that is not my responsibility" attitude in some departments which needs to go away. We are all responsible for ensuring complete customer satisfaction!

Advice to Management

Keep the improvements coming!