Limelight Networks - Best job I've had | Glassdoor

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the Seattle office is second to none. Everyone's working together to make great products. We have almost no conflict between engineering, management, product and sales.

You might not believe this, but as a software team, we get to spend the time we need to deliver high quality, maintainable software, rather than rushed, buggy crap. Both product management and sales respect the engineering team's recommendations and only occasionally oversell / overcommit.

Cons

Some of the company policies coming from HQ can introduce unnecessary overhead around things like machine acquisition and deployments, but even this is kept in check by excellent management.

Advice to Management

Continue growing toward the more agile, less process driven ways of doing things. Follow the lead of the Seattle office to develop a collaborative, trust-based environment throughout the entire company.

Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks

"Awesome employer!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, not micro-managed, open communication - information is shared readily to everyone, teamwork -
    To those who had issues - you are responsible for getting your own work done, if assignment is not clear it is up to you to ask for clarification (in other words, be an adult!)

Cons

Departments need to work more cohesively. There is a "that is not my responsibility" attitude in some departments which needs to go away. We are all responsible for ensuring complete customer satisfaction!

Advice to Management

Keep the improvements coming!

"Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive & casual work environment, excellent vision from Executives, strong leadership, good name recognition, good benefits, competitive compensation package, fun team outings, excellent support, and open deli. The company is constantly striving to make their products better, their workplace better, and is a major player in our industry.

Cons

Programs/products are sometimes rolled out before they are completely ready, which cause Support issues, but I've found this to be the case with all companies I've worked for that want to get their products to market.