Limelight Networks - challenging and emotional experience that has built out my skill set no end and has improved myself confidence in both | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

"challenging and emotional experience that has built out my skill set no end and has improved myself confidence in both"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic team to work with, everyone is here to work hard but still have at the same time. I get to work with a range of different businesses and clients and met lots of new and interesting people on a weekly basis

Cons

Sometime the work life balance is disturbed but overall its pretty good.

Advice to Management

Come visit the EMEA team more

Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks

1. "Other than Seattle office, this is a sinking ship"

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Excellent product (Delve acquisition) that customers love
    - Great team environment that focuses on great product/technology and sales and making customers happy
    - Great leadership team out of the video platform organization.

Cons

- Rest of the company is a total mess.
    - Very sales oriented culture (in a bad way) that doesn't value engineering or customers. Its all about getting paid.
    - CEO (Lunsford) ran the company into the ground. Didn't invest in the winners like the video platform that was cutting edge and customers loved.
    - Organic engineering team is weak. Only can produce quality products but can't keep the people. Key folks from the Delve acquisition leaving (CEO left, Chief Scientist left)
    - Big company bureaucracy starting to take root after Delve CEO left and growth has slowed. Management doing the best they can to hold it off but for how long??

Advice to Management

The best news is that Jeff Lunsford is out as CEO. We'll see how the new guy does. They can't sell their way out of the hole they are in. They need to innovate their way out. Some of the new hires, e.g., COO, are promising. We're missing the bold product vision and leadership since the Delve CEO/founder left but things keep chugging along.

"A company transforming itself and once aligned has significant potential."

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Digital Presence Management is a growing and hot area of opportunity. Great assets as a foundation for a new focus. Great focus on SaaS.

Cons

Still some growing pains in transforming from a CDN / network focused company to a more complete solution and value selling approach to Digital Presence Management.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on a key set of priorities - can't do everything.