Limelight Networks - Not a lot of direction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

"Not a lot of direction"

Current Employee - Advanced Services Architect in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Advanced Services Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very casual environment. Feel free to drink at your desk or take a San Francisco "smoke break"

Cons

Low pay along with a company that has consistent failed acquisitions. We've lost more money buying bad companies and then selling them a year or two later than most companies strive to make.

Advice to Management

Pay your people a living wage and diversify the business. CDN is not sustainable because all it takes is your dumbest competitor to lower their prices and all of a sudden your margin is shot when you try to compete.

Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks

1. "Challenged but we'll-intentioned acquirer"

Former Employee - Vice President, Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President, Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The core of llnw is composed of good, smart, well-meaning professionals who are very loyal to the company and their colleagues. Some of the technical staff were, at the time, the best in the specialized world of high-scale cdns.

Cons

The team of executives at the time struggled to manage and prioritize the new companies and initiatives they acquired. They failed to differentiate the company in the face of growing commoditization. Some managers were clearly in over their heads.

Advice to Management

Be focused and decisive. Assign a high-level executive to each acquired company. Find and promote top talent from acquired teams. Incentivize mutual success over autonomy.

"Stay away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food, nothing more though

Cons

Poorly managed, They keep bringing in management from the east coast that really has no idea about how or what we do. They just hired a new Director of IT. His first move? Cancel all the promotions that were due this month. Nice job. I am actively seeking employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people from other places that are never here in the office. You cannot run a company by remote control. Now I have to take time from my already busy day to write status reports every other day for a manager that is not here to actually see what we are doing. You are continually trying to get us to vote you as "best employer" in the Phoenix valley without doing anything to earn that title. It's kind of sad actually. Good luck with that.