Lincare Holdings - I hope my location is the only one like this... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

"I hope my location is the only one like this..."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

One of the best reasons for working at Lincare is that there are locations throughout the United States, and i feel assured
that many, many people are in a positive location, enjoying the environment and benefits of working for Lincare, the way a
Lincare should be. Another is that as long as the locations do good work, the Lincare jobs will usually be recession-proof.

Cons

The downsides are many at my location. However, i want to stress that i am aware of other Lincare locations having success with a modern, positive environment. You must understand that in the year 2008 I was not expecting to see a
work place that does not frown on yelling and cussing in the open, or speaking loud vulgarities in front of females, or using the N word. Of course, i'm not even mentioning the complete lack of diligence for Corporate compliance or OSHA-type items. Can you believe that on my first day i was told 3 N jokes! I honestly believe that the Manager told the
employee to do it so they could check me out. You know, to see if i was a team player.

Advice to Management

Develop a truly anonymous survey for employees, so that you can sort through all the various opinions, and form
a more objective, real conclusion. Employees facing retaliation, or hostility, or alienation will not sit at the terminal IN
THE WORK AREA and complete a compliance form while employees/manager are walking behind them.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings

"Disorganized and poor training"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gives an insight into the medical device market. You get to see the dark underbelly of how physicians expect to have their back scratched just to get a 5 minute sit down.

Cons

Area Manager was a nightmare. She consistently undermined the office staff and even sent an office wide email saying she thought an employee should be let go, which the employee read. There wasn't any training to speak of even though we were supposed to serve a critical role in the health of our clients. Our deliveries covered a massive geographical area with only one driver and then had complaints from the Area Manager that our deliveries were too slow. Safety concerns were raised several times so they sent the safety rep for the company to go over a 500 page manual in an afternoon, then when he left the Area Manager said the guy was basically an idiot and not to worry about safety.

Advice to Management

I understand you need revenue and a profit is needed to justify the location but please have a proper system in place to prepare your employees for their work and don't overextend your Service Reps by sending them two hours away from the office to service one client.

2. "Disorganized, Low Morale, Low Pay, Poor Expense Reimbursement"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Anony (Madagascar)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Anony (Madagascar)

I worked at Lincare Holdings (More than 5 years)

Pros

BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY, the days go by quickly

Cons

Locations are run with minimal staff. So, all employees are typically overloaded with work.
    Low pay
    Low employee morale
    Absolutely no communication, processes or training. Only negative feedback from management - nothing is ever good enough
    Too much paperwork and the salary is not commensurate with the amount of responsibility assigned to employees
    Upper management is verbally aggressive
    Understaffed, everything was always behind and you could never get caught up. Need more people to help and stop having people wear so many different hats.
    No support from upper management
    Constant turnover
    Poor mileage compensation
    No potential for advancement

Advice to Management

Improve compensation and turnaround time for expense reimbursement