Lincare Holdings - I hope my location is the only one like this... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

"I hope my location is the only one like this..."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

One of the best reasons for working at Lincare is that there are locations throughout the United States, and i feel assured
that many, many people are in a positive location, enjoying the environment and benefits of working for Lincare, the way a
Lincare should be. Another is that as long as the locations do good work, the Lincare jobs will usually be recession-proof.

Cons

The downsides are many at my location. However, i want to stress that i am aware of other Lincare locations having success with a modern, positive environment. You must understand that in the year 2008 I was not expecting to see a
work place that does not frown on yelling and cussing in the open, or speaking loud vulgarities in front of females, or using the N word. Of course, i'm not even mentioning the complete lack of diligence for Corporate compliance or OSHA-type items. Can you believe that on my first day i was told 3 N jokes! I honestly believe that the Manager told the
employee to do it so they could check me out. You know, to see if i was a team player.

Advice to Management

Develop a truly anonymous survey for employees, so that you can sort through all the various opinions, and form
a more objective, real conclusion. Employees facing retaliation, or hostility, or alienation will not sit at the terminal IN
THE WORK AREA and complete a compliance form while employees/manager are walking behind them.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings

"Good Starting Job"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

Great Experience into the world of medical sales. Lots of opportunities after you have 2 years of sales experience to move on to pharmaceutical sales or surgical equipment sales. Best training you could get they send you to QP3 third party training.

Cons

They hold commissions you will not see but maybe 1/3 of them get paid. Lots of tedious work that hold you back from being on the road selling. If you already have experience in sales do not go here not worth it. They find stupid reasons not to pay you or reimburse you. You work hard to get paid even after you have made the sale and get the patient. Your real hard work will be getting paperwork fixed multiple times by doctors.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great training, but stop cutting salaries on those that have been there for years. You need to keep those employees that are valuable and have sacrificed a lot. They are the ones that have the good reputations with doctors offices. Management at the center level is hard because of the nitpicking by corporate. Managers can't function without getting scolded.

"CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love my co-workers and forming relationships with patients even if it's​ through the phone.

Cons

They expect to much from you and don't give you enough hours to do so. Sometimes working long hours even though office hours are 8-5 Monday-Friday. Some weekends you are expected to work as well.