Lincare Holdings - Takes forever to get your commission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

"Takes forever to get your commission"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Earth City, MO
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Earth City, MO

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to be out in the field working alone.

Cons

Takes forever for a sales rep to get their commission. No overtime pay but will ask you to run tanks to hospitals at 4:30 and push you pass 5, but will not have a on call person do it that makes over time. everyone makes overtime except sales. no communication between staff in whats going on, when documents are received that generates our commission, when orders come in or not. Take off, get docked, 8-5 daily. Rain, sleet, hail or snow you are expected to be in the field.

Advice to Management

Provide positive feedback vs looking at numbers all of the time. Yes it's a numbers game but meeting discussing strategies and different ideas would be positive.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings

1. "Bad management in Seattle area and it has been that way for years"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good sales experience, potential for fun friendly clients if you really get to know your accounts

Cons

Everything the base is very, very low compared to other companies, the gas mileage reimbursement, management from the top to the bottom of the company, the rollover at the center level including all the sales reps and managers!, the dysfunctional management staff, overwhelmed centers due to too many patients they are not taken care of as well as they should due to over worked staff, the company just got bought out by Linde Company, the weekends on call for no extra pay, went through 4 other sales reps for the other sales position at my center in 2 years. Territory manager overwhelmed and not motivated.

Advice to Management

Don't be so controlling micromanger, you built your team up well and everyone left.

2. "Terrible Company to work for"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My employees were wonderful and worked for their patients. I was able to effectively grow the business for my location and provided excellent service.

Cons

Once, I was promised bonuses for each center I was responsible for and received zero. In fact I made less after I was promoted, and had more responsibilities. I asked for information on FMLA for taking care of my father who was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and was told I was not eligible. I was then fired for "not doing my job". My nickname for Lincare is the "Oxygen Mafia".

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly and abide by federal laws which they seem to get away with not doing.