Lincare Holdings - All about the bottom line while miserable employees hit rock bottom | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

"All about the bottom line while miserable employees hit rock bottom"

Current Employee - Customer Service
Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IF you get into a center that has good people you can survive this place a little longer than most.

Cons

Not enough pay for what is expected. This company only cares about the bottom line. Many times Customers are left with no service or waiting for someone who never shows. Billing is much more important than customer service. If you are looking for a Customer Service this is not for you. To hear people suffer and not get the service they deserve is heartbreaking. Lincare is always changing and buying out other local DME company's, which means your job is never secure because there are frequent management and employee changes. People get fired left and right along with others who have nervous breakdowns because of the pressure. Training? Stinks, they dont have a training program together. Even smaller company's have class room style training, It took over 6 months to get in most of the training that the company requires. Watch for those little slips of paper they have you signing and if you get written up once, that means there is a target on your back. They use "creative" firing methods very well and above all trust no one in this company.

Advice to Management

Create a TEAM environment. This is a horrific and stressful place to work but if you can offer some relief and support people in your center will work harder for YOU. There is no recognition for anything done well and no rewards. Maybe its time to implement these. Local Newsletter? Company functions? None. What makes employees feel good about working for Lincare? Fundraising for the local community or showing that you care is nonexistent.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings

"Stayed too long"

Current Employee - Billing Office
    Current Employee - Billing Office

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to learn the business and move on.

Cons

Too many to list. It's a shame.

Advice to Management

Upper management should visit their office's. See how things are really run. Everything is left to a managers 'discretion'. Comical.

2. "Terrible Company to work for"

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My employees were wonderful and worked for their patients. I was able to effectively grow the business for my location and provided excellent service.

Cons

Once, I was promised bonuses for each center I was responsible for and received zero. In fact I made less after I was promoted, and had more responsibilities. I asked for information on FMLA for taking care of my father who was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and was told I was not eligible. I was then fired for "not doing my job". My nickname for Lincare is the "Oxygen Mafia".

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly and abide by federal laws which they seem to get away with not doing.