Lincare Holdings - Very little staff with alot to do! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

"Very little staff with alot to do!"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

all the overtime you want. Lincare is so chronically understaffed that they need thier employees to work all the hours they are will to.

Cons

OVERWORKED FOR LITTLE COMPENSATION! The pay is ridiculous. Sure overtime is avaliable but there is no work life balance so its just miserable

Advice to Management

be more transparent. Lincare does not believe in training and developing thier employees, its all about getting by with the least amount of workers. Sad

Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings

"Never better co-workers, never worse conditions."

Current Employee - Senior Service Representative in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Service Representative in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*No shortage of job opportunities, because someone's always leaving!
    *Possibility to stay with the same company if you move around the country.

Cons

*Reputation for revolving door of employees at all center positions is well deserved. In my 2 years: 2 Center Managers, 3 CSRs, 3 HCSs, 2 Sales Reps, and 4 drivers. After 2 years of service, I have more seniority than 19of 21 people in my immediate area.
    *Huge ever-growing, ever-changing expectations at all positions - especially for the CM and the Sales Reps. (The moving target/flavor of the month syndrome)
    *Equations for determining number of center employees equates to a skeleton crew, at best. This is the perfect recipe for disaster.
    *Continual focus on numbers disallows any focus on patient's needs OR employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Make positive decisions to invest some short-term profit back into the company. This includes hiring more staff! Set a long-term goal of making this company one of the most secure, profitable and respected companies in the industry. It would be better to make $100,000 for 25 years than to make $150,000 for 5 years and be out of business because you have no employees left.
    It really is a shame that a company consistently making $250 MILLION profit PER QUARTER, has such poor resources and compensation.

"Lincare-the worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Medical Biller in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Biller in Amherst, NY

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

free coffee and overtime work, if that is your thing.

Cons

I felt that they did not appreciate me as a valuable employee. There are too many cons to list. I have higher education, great skills and experience. I felt that everything was drained out of me. I was ready for the mental ward before I left Lincare. I felt a lot of fear while being employed there. I don't want to go into detail here for fear of being sued for being frank and honest. I am so happy with my new company. I never realized that this is how a company is supposed to treat it's human resources. A company should treat employees well if it wants to remain profitable and competitive.

Advice to Management

You can run a car in the red for only so long before the engine blows up.