Lincare Holdings - Learn All You Can and Try Not to Bring Attention to Yourself | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

"Learn All You Can and Try Not to Bring Attention to Yourself"

Former Employee - Lincare Sales Representative
Former Employee - Lincare Sales Representative

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

Pros

While the base pay is low, there is a tremendous opportunity to make great commissions with bonuses. You aren't told about the bonuses, and only know what they are after asking payroll what the extra commission is on your check. Great education initially. QP3 was a great introduction into sales.

Cons

Bonusing brings attention to yourself. Try to not do it. While you have great initial training, you aren't given follow-up. You can ask for it, but chances are you won't be given it. Don't ever, ever try to be an independent thinker. Ever. Don't trust anyone. Even if you think you can, you can't. There is always someone who wants you gone. Technology in this company is sub-par. While i realized AS400 is nearly impervious to hackers, it's also a pain in the butt to deal with. 60 STSi entries a week? It consumes either an entire Friday or an hour per morning of precious sales time. It's counterproductive. Friday conference calls are also often disappointing and pointless. Leadership from District Managers is a joke. I couldn't ask questions of my DM and expect an actual, applicable answer.

Advice to Management

Cut the crap. Your sales force holds you up and can be your biggest money making tool if allowed to actually do their job.Upper management- stop hiring people just because they seem like a mover and shaker. Most of the people you have as District Managers are socially retarded. They are poor leaders who offer no inspiration to the sales force, only veiled threats. And for the love of God, be realistic! It's completely unrealistic to think a person has low O2 numbers in June, July or August because they are a poor salesperson. It's the Summer for Christ's sake. People tend to not get sick in the summer, hospital census' are down. Look at the bigger picture. Can you honestly say that a person who is bringing in numbers in other areas, but not in O2 is actually NOT doing their job? You have unrealistic opinions of what is acceptable during the Summer months. Instead of trying to grow O2 in the Summer, work on MDINR. It's one thing, besides UD, that will keep you afloat with all the CBA bullcrap. And please, come to 2013. It's not 1985. Your training videos are outdated, ridiculous and just plain stale and so is your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings

"The company from hell! Thank The Lord I found another employer with a properly run company"

Former Employee - Center Manager
    Former Employee - Center Manager

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers made some life time friends.

Cons

Extremely poor Area and Regional managers. No training. Poor pay. Constant staff turnover due to overwork and lack of training. Upper management don't care about anything but their bonus. Archaic software. I could write a book.

Advice to Management

Linde wake up. You purchased a sleazy badly run company. Fix it before Medicare figures out what is going on

2. "This Place is GARBAGE!"

Former Employee - Intake Coordinator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Intake Coordinator in Akron, OH

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None! None. None. None. None. Save yourself.

Cons

Horrible training! Let me correct that: NO TRAINING! AT ALL! Why should co-workers, who are already overworked with their own workload, have to "train" me and correct my work and be irritated about it? Where's the ONE trainer who teaches you EXACTLY how to do your work so that it gets done correctly and without constant mistakes even after several months? Oh, she was always too busy on the phone and with other work and promising that she will get to me as soon as she can. AND since she was super RUDE, she was also busy getting TOLD OFF by another employee! (THAT was the highlight of my employment at this sad and ridiculous company by the way.) This new, young and inexperienced "trainer" had the nerve to yell out and fuss at an employee in front of everyone! So the employee had to put her in her place. Also, management wanted information about a situation and promised that it would be confidential and the employee in question wouldn't know who gave the managers the information. Well, surprise, surprise! On one of my last days there the employee in question came up to me and asked me about the situation, telling me that the managers TOLD HER WHO GAVE THEM THE INFO THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL!!! I'm still considering contacting corporate about that, by the way. Confidentiality in the workplace is serious business! But apparently not at LINCARE. This place is such garbage! Literally! Save yourself and NEVER consider it as a place of employment!!

Advice to Management

Quit. Because your not good at what you do.