Lincoln Financial Group - Family oriented | Glassdoor

"Family oriented"

Former Employee - Benefit Specialist in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Benefit Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Flexible. Wonderful staff. Everyone is a hard worker.

Cons

People are work there for decades. so newbies have to work really hard to fit in.

Advice to Management

Listen to the new employees on how to be integrated to the group better.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln Financial Group

"Excellent culture, Strategy needs Focus"

Current Employee - Specialist, Training in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Specialist, Training in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture is excellent for a medium sized company at the division level. A lack of formality and hierarchy makes interactions between entry level to executive level employees common and comfortable.

Cons

A fast pace and a forgiving culture means that having a focus on strategic goals tends to fall by the wayside. Leadership while friendly tends to fall more toward an individual contributor level of work instead of a leadership level of work.

Advice to Management

Brining in more strategic minded and driven leadership will help tighten the leaky ship of processes and goal alignment.

"Not bad, but not great either"

Current Contractor - Marketing Contractor in Radnor, PA
    Current Contractor - Marketing Contractor in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Have been working as a contractor for over a year. As such, the pay is very good, but no benefits. Job is okay, work hours are good (no night, weekends for my position), facilities are okay and management does try to engage employees. In my department, the manager is very good and really tries despite not getting support from upper management.

Cons

The feeling among more seasoned professionals is that if you're NOT young and attractive, you won't get hired. They definitely have a "type," at least in marketing. Seemed like they used to have a good record of hiring contractors to full-time status, but since last reorg, no movement in that direction. They have no appreciation for the hard working, highly competent contract professionals who want to be a part of the company. You can linger in limbo here for a LONG time. Also, management doesn't want to create additional positions even though some lines of business are growing and there is plenty of work to go around.

Advice to Management

Look to your pool of current contract employees and bring them on full time. Clearly you need us, or we wouldn't be here indefinitely. We are talented, dedicated professionals who know the job and want to be part of the organization. Also, don't tell us about how you made billions in profits and then not create the needed positions so that everyone can succeed.