Lincoln Financial Group - Challenging project with great people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lincoln Financial Group

"Challenging project with great people."

Former Contractor - Senior Applications Developer in Fort Wayne, IN
Former Contractor - Senior Applications Developer in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with on a challenging project.

Cons

Top heavy with many meetings having redundant discussions.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln Financial Group

"They pay well but there's no loyalty here..."

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well, depending on the job it's pretty easy, excellent training for the position.

Cons

1. Managers aren't typically qualified to be at their level. 2. Later in the year they told everyone that they needed to meet their end of year goals and then they were letting everyone go because they wanted to close that branch. 3. After we were let go I asked my former supervisor (he ended up moving to another branch) for a reference and he said it's company policy not to provide these to any former employee unless he wishes to be fired himself. I confirmed this with other co-workers. That's the sort of company you're dealing with.

"Waste of Investors money with poor strategic project management"

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy not working or thinking this is the place for you. Many departments are in their own bubble and won't bother you. They dont even know how their department effects others. Projects are so slow that taking a vacation and coming back where you left off is common. They have a kiosk that offers starbucks drinks at a cheaper cost.

Cons

Too many "bosses" so few true leaders. I was hoping to find leadership qualities within this financial institute to help my career growth but rather saw that leadership didn't care to partake in the projects to understand what is truly needed to support the project team. Many times projects either dissolved after months of wheels spinning or morphed into multiple small projects with overlaping objectives. Management continued to bring in more resources from multple consulting companies that offer "best practices" hoping projects would move, but did the opposite and caused more spinning with side activities regarding best practices and not really focusing on making strategic decisions to move the project forward to completion. The company is saturated with third party relationships that continue to fail and slow projects down. There is a clear dividing line between "workers" and "management" that carries too much politics to want to help this company succeed. They turn a blind eye to employees and praise many of the consultants who take others work and add pictures and slides. If you're looking for a career growth and a healthy working environment, I would look else where as they are setting you up to fail within this organization.

Advice to Management

Stop looking elsewhere for your answers and try to involve yourself more to make strategic decisions as the leader. Moving deadlines and adding resources doesn't provide the solutions. Own your decisions and be transparent with them to your team otherwise you will not get the support or build the moral for a sucessful team/department. Share your goals and visions FREQUENTLY and take the time to LISTEN to those that are there to support you to reach those goals. Without that relationship there is no motivation to accomplish someone else goals with no purpose. AVOIDANCE and ABSTINENCE will not get the job done or at least not succesfully.