Lincoln Public Schools - Lincoln, NE - Long term career | Glassdoor

"Long term career"

Current Employee - Teacher in Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Teacher in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Lincoln Public Schools - Lincoln, NE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

LPS is a student focused district that has a long tradition of meeting the learning needs and more of those students. This is often done in very collaborative and innovative ways. People are often encouraged to use their strengths when it comes to students. There are many gifted and dedicated teachers within the district as well as administrators who really care about what happens with students.

Cons

Education in general is a fast paced, changing environment and all individuals involved in the process must learn to adapt or become stressed when their parameters are stretched. This is not a job for people who like things the same way day after day.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln Public Schools - Lincoln, NE

1. "Neutral"

Current Contractor - Para Educator in Lincoln, NE
    Current Contractor - Para Educator in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Lincoln Public Schools - Lincoln, NE as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good schedule if you need flexibility due to children's school days. Nice to not go to work if school is cancelled due to snow.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. They do not seem to promote from within. Salary schedule discouraging - for several years you will work at the same wage the new employees start at. After 6 years you will get "longevity" pay per hour of about a quarter....

Advice to Management

Post jobs for internal transfer candidates for a week before opening up to the public.

2. "Great District"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Supportive administration and easy-to-use substitute calling system. I would get a call to sub almost every day (except for the beginning and last few weeks of the school year)

Cons

I have had experiences of teachers not preparing a thorough lesson plan, but this was relatively rare.

Advice to Management

Follow up with substitute teachers that leave concerning reviews about a specific substituting experience. I only had one job that I felt left me poorly prepared to teach that day, and I wrote about my concerns on their review papers but was never contacted further.