Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes - Quality of work environment varies based on the quality of local management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes

"Quality of work environment varies based on the quality of local management"

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is great training (both when starting the job and on-going throughout your entire time at LMB), and you get a chance to make a positive difference in the lives of children and families. I loved seeing student success, especially the test scores of students leaving the program.

Cons

Your experience at the company will be very dependent on the Center Director and Assistant Center Director at your location. For the first year of my employment, I had an extremely positive experience at work; however, new management created a very negative work environment for staff. As a result we had large turnover and a lot of stress in my second year at LMB. Another challenge to working at LMB are the inconsistent hours. Hours for the coming week are posted on Friday evenings, which can make it hard to schedule your week and can inconsistencies in your paycheck.

Advice to Management

Something as simple as regional managers / directors using an online survey to solicit feedback regarding the operation of centers would allow them to get a clearer picture of what is actually happening at local centers and provide mentoring to Center Directors and Assistant Center Directors as needed.

Other Employee Reviews for Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes

"Summer at Lindamood-Bell"

Pros

The kids are truly inspirational to work with. Yes, it gets tiring when the kids try everything they can to not do work, but who can blame them? They are there an average of 4 hours a day, 5 days a week over the summer. But when you have a breakthrough with one of the students, it's the most rewarding feeling.

Cons

Everything is very scripted and "by-the-book". During training, employees learn a set number of phrases to use on the students in different situations - basically they are all tied around positive reinforcement. Therefore, it's easy to feel burnt out working there for 8 hours a day with no real variation and relatively low pay. In addition, the hours that you work can change very spontaneously and without warning, so you could be going home after just 5 hours when you expected to work (and get paid) for 8.

"I enjoyed working with the children but the company itself with run poorly."

Former Employee - Clinician
    Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time

Pros

The programs are good for a resume. You learn a lot with the two week training at the beginning of working.

Cons

The company is cliquey, unorganized, and has very poor management. Didn't seem to care about the students or staff, only about their personal issues.