Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 12, 2012 - Human Resources in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Work hard/play hard culture. People care about eachother. Nice facilities, free food.

Cons

Fast growth may overwhelm some. Hard to get to know people outside of your immediate project group unless self driven or strong management insists on collaboration outside. Processes are starting to get in the way.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern

Great work/life balance

Sep 19, 2021 - Software Engineer Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

My team was absolutely wonderful, I felt like I got solid feedback/advice from my coworkers/managers, and I'm glad that they chose to continue hybrid work through summer 2021.

Cons

Sometimes I felt like I wasn't doing the most interesting work, but I still really enjoyed my time there.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Generation X and Boomers need not apply

Feb 24, 2016 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent product, world-class benefits, above average pay, relaxed dress code, growth opportunities, and friendly atmosphere. I love the management philosophy of Leadership, Leverage, Results. Early on in every position, the employee is asked "what is your next play." The company is always looking to determine your next role and opportunity.

Cons

LinkedIn hires on pedigree and age. Most managers are under 30, directors are under 40, and anyone over 40 is a rarity. Important positions will be staffed based on the university the employee graduated from, rather than work experience. Sales process is being created by recent Ivy League grads who have never sold. Some sales and service director positions have been filled with individuals who are extremely smart but have limited to no experience selling and retaining. The attitude is if you are smart, you can lead any team no matter if you have zero experience doing your staff's actual trade. The millennial focus is highlighted in many aspects of the culture. At the 2016 global sales organization meeting, messaging was all about "you are the best-of-the-best" and that LinkedIn would not be successful without the individual job you do. Top performers were highlighted in front of thousands of employees. As the employee came to the stage to receive their well deserved award, videos of colleagues commending them were shown. Interspersed among work-centric kudos, the awardee's parents were shown in the videos congratulating their child and stating how proud they were of them. For a non-millennial, it was weird to see their parents congratulating their kid in a work setting. But this is also a company who holds Bring Your Parents to Work Day.

Continue reading
    385 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about LinkedIn.