LinkedIn - Best Job I've Ever Had | Glassdoor

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Revenue Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Revenue Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the perks you could thin of.
Challenging work environment.
Hyper Growth Company.
You are making a difference.

Cons

The commute is hell.
The satellite office isn't does not have all the perks the main campus does.

Advice to Management

...

Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn

1. "Best Company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, work/life balance encouraged, surrounded by smart people, and the leadership is incredible and they care about your long term career aspirations.

Cons

I've heard AE's at other companies make more (in terms of base) but I don't think my comp plan is unfair. You make great money when overachieving plan.

"Don't believe the hype!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks and meals provided
    Good locations world wide
    Brand Recognizably

Cons

Arrogant staff doesn't even begin to cover the stuck up attitude of the team. They are so busy standing up in meetings to tell the managers how much they love working there, that any constructive criticism is seen as heresy, unappreciated and not reviewed seriously. The staff is not nice in general selfish environment that has snowballed to be that way by the snarky managers.

There's a handful of senior level team members that think it's funny to 'haze' new hires by not acknowledging their existence for their first 2 months. They tweet cruel comments about the other staff members. They also tell other team members when individuals are put on performance improvement plans. So these bad apples ruin it for the rest of the team. Many other team members simply aren't interested in getting to know you or anyone else new or not because it doesn't serve their bottom line. For a sales team, it's funny there's no camaraderie or even general warmth. When you have a company that preaches culture, but management participates in no actual way to improve it and the foot soldiers are destroying it, the decay of morale begins.

Little to no training; it's sink or swim and they like it that way. So longer term employees have to pitch in and take time out to aid the same questions over and over because newbies get no overviews. In reality, it does not set one up as a new hire nor as a senior member as it's time consuming. It creates a hostile workplace where it's a weakness to ask questions and seek advice on improvement and there's nothing in it for senior team members as its not their job. One would normally direct them to their managers, but that's if you actually get time with your manager. They are usually in meetings or traveling so good luck.

Not competitive compensation in comparison to other bay area .coms.

Advice to Management

Airing the failures of the other team members (even in confidence) means you're airing my business to others too. I don't trust you.

"Keep doing what you're doing." is not constructive. Be specific about what is going right, what can be improved, and measurable ways one can improve.

When people are speaking to you,actually look at them and listen--put the iphone down. If you ask them a question, listen to their answer because chances are I don't have your undivided attention and it's demoralizing to to not even be given the respect of eye contact especially in a one on one meeting.

Don't allow toxic individuals to infect the staff with negativity--even if they are top performers.