LinkedIn - Great work culture that focuses heavily on employee transformation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

"Great work culture that focuses heavily on employee transformation"

Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Mountain View, CA
Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn as a contractor

Pros

Inspiring senior leadership, a lot of growth opportunities and lateral movement within the company. LinkedIn is really going places and it was great to be a part of that; people work very hard but know they're contributing to LinkedIn's mission of connecting professionals.

Cons

Recruiting coordination team is majority contract workers, so the team seemed to have been constantly changing and not exactly evolving. Because of this, not a strong team camaraderie.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn

"Best Company That I Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started with LinkedIn fairly early on in the sales division so to be there during a huge growth phase was a great experience. Management was very fair, agressive and ambitious and made sure that new hires fit very well into the sales culture. It was a fun time to work there, built great relationships and enjoyed myself tremendously.

Cons

That was then and this is now. The sales division is huge and you cannot keep the same culture. That's understandable as the company grows, but LinkedIn will continue to lose good people that have tenture there. If "out with the old and in with the new" is the current mantra, then they're abiding by it very well.

Advice to Management

Be very careful about compromising good service to customers. The recruiting industry is very fickle. Don't be the type the of organization that just tries to fill seats with bodies. That has a very lasting effect on the overall business.

"Be careful with the resignation notice"

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It used to be a great company, where we had to deal with fascinating search and analytics challenges. After IPO lots of talented engineers and managers has left, making the whole environment much worse

Cons

My manager asked me to notify them in advance if I would intend to leave. I gave a 6 weeks notice and asked them if I could use a part of that time for the parental leave. They terminated my employment immediately. The manager told me the reason of the early exit was that I'm going to work for their major competitor. It seems some people had brought Yahoo's worst practices to LinkedIn. Now I'm feeling stupid of giving an early notice