LinkedIn - If your a seasoned Sales person.....take Linkedin OFF your list.. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

"If your a seasoned Sales person.....take Linkedin OFF your list.."

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time

Pros

Free food.
One day a month off ("In Day")
Everyone thinks its "cool" that you worked at Linkedin...(ha)

Cons

Complete Circus like atmosphere....Management is way to inexperienced to even manage a McDonalds, and seemingly more concerned about them selves rather than their team. People kiss up like I have never seen...its comical. Very transactional sale, not the place to go if you want to blow it out...you just play the game and you will be average at best.

Advice to Management

Wake up, there is a real world out there! If you dont want to understand how to listen to whats wrong, then dont preach "open and honest" communication. I feel for those that get suckered into this "cult-like" culture. Not ready for prime time..(especially in the enterprise)

Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn

"People are happy here."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a terrific place to work. You are not only working with competent workers, but also with people who are happy and friendly. The business itself has strong growth potential and I do believe that people here believe in the mission.

Also, there are a surprisingly high number of female software engineers here, which I think is terrific, considering the general gender bias in the industry as a whole.

Cons

If you live in SF, the commute is a pain... even with the shuttle (which unfortunately only has limited numbers of trips, unlike Google).

"LinkedIn Invests in their talent"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Advocate in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Advocate in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing healthcare benefits, stock options, free meals, fun culture, casual dress, team-building activities, opportunity for advancement. LinkedIn does a great job of sourcing and hiring top-notch talent. The company works hard to keep talent and is very competitive with benefits and salary.

Cons

As with any tech company, the work/life balance could be better. As the company grows more and more each year, we've lost some of the "small company" culture of knowing everyone by first name.

Advice to Management

Some upper management could be more available. Management is notorious for having too much on their plate, being over-worked, and having double-booked calendars every day of the week. Delegation and time management could be improved upon, in that respect.