LinkedIn - So far, so amazing! | Glassdoor

"So far, so amazing!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong values that guide decisions, team is highly motivated, competitive comp and perks.

Three things that still amaze me:

1. There is a biweekly all-hands meeting. At how many companies with ~5,000 people is there a meeting where you have access to the CEO this frequently? It's a great way to ensure people know what's going on and have a chance to discuss issues.

2. inDay. One day a week every month to focus on personal or team development. It's something that is NOT directly related to your day-to-day tasks. There's a recommended theme each month, but you have a lot of leeway to do what you want to do.

3. Focus on health & wellness. There are healthy choices in the cafe and food choices on all floors. Everyone's dietary needs are taken care of (dairy / gluten intolerance, vegetarian / vegan, etc.). There's a website with exercise, diet and health resources. You can earn points by exercising, eating well, taking the stairs, etc. to get free swag.

Cons

A ton of new folks so it sometimes takes a bit longer to get answers.

Also, the gyms at both Mountain View and Sunnyvale are way too small. Yeah, this will be fixed when Sunnyvale is built out and we have a new 20,000 sq. ft. facility. In the meantime, it can get pretty crowded at peak times.

Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

top notch executive team, great comp/benefits, interesting work, entire company rallies around the company's vision and the company has a huge potential opportunity ahead of itself

Cons

continue to be some growing pains in transitioning from a startup to a nearly 5,000 person company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This would be a very long list.... Best of all Linkedin is a bottoms up organization with the autonomy to execute.

Cons

There are not too many of the cons. With a lot of autonomy and speed extra effort needs to be taken make sure we collaborate with everybody.

Advice to Management

Do your thing... Make sure we stay the same...