LinkedIn - Inspiring company with great culture & mission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

"Inspiring company with great culture & mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at LinkedIn, from CEO down, are all working towards a larger common goal.
The multiple business lines keeps life interesting, and strengthens our business model.
The talent is of high quality and getting even better.
Leadership is very transparent and approachable to all levels.

Cons

Lots to do, and a relatively small set of people to do it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work & keep investing in the mission while keeping our strong culture.

Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn

"Not What They Make It Seem"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members. A very young and lively workforce that are a lot of fun to work with. The office location in San Francisco is terrific as well, right in the middle of downtown and has the hustle and bustle of downtown SF. Great location right by the Montgomery Bart Station as well. The office is very nice as well.

Cons

Employees are not promoted based on performance, but rather based on how well they are able to brown nose and become managers favorites. I have consistently performed and reached around 130% or more of my quarterly goals, and yet my manager has consistently given me negative feedback and held me down from a promotion (NO ONE is able to be promoted unless their manager gives their approval).

The company does a very good job making sure the first couple months employees are shown what an amazing company they are working for, but the moral and happiness of employees who have been here for 9 months or longer is INCREDIBLY low and the turnover rate is high (management does a great job keeping this out of the media's attention).

The career trajectory is very poor for certain business lines as well.

Advice to Management

Listen to the advice your employees are giving you, and promote employees on a performance based metric rather than their ability to brown nose and kiss up to their managers; this will not only help the company retain talent and increase the satisfaction of the workforce but also make the company more productive.

2. "A real opportunity to transform your career!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Relationship Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LinkedIn is an incredible place to work. Our company culture & values are amazing and I couldn't feel better about working at such an ethical & rewarding place to work. Within the sales org, you will never find anyone who isn't incredibly smart or incredibly ambitious. As someone who's worked at other sales orgs, the caliber of people that work here will challenge you to step up your game. Everyone here was a top rep at their previous org. Despite the high level of talent, everyone is super helpful & team oriented. It's a great thing as sharing your secrets with others forces you to up your own game to stay ahead. My career has truly transformed being at LinkedIn, and I couldn't recommend working here more enthusiastically.

Cons

Our back end sales ops organization is broken, billing in particular but order mgmt and tech support need major help as well. For a company of our size (really any size) even simple tasks take an outrageous amount of time to complete for our ops team. I've been at LinkedIn for 3 years and as fast as our other teams have improved and scaled, sales ops has gotten worse at the same accelerated pace. Our back end sales systems (SFDC, Oracle, etc.) were poorly implemented and their neglect are a large part of the problem as well.

Advice to Management

We need a bad ass Sr. Sales Ops person who's been at a sales org that scaled quickly or successfully managed major organizational changes at a large sales organization. The current sales ops leadership seems overwhelmed.