LinkedIn - Great place to transform career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

"Great place to transform career"

Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Senior leadership. Jeff and Mike do a great job of communicating where the company is and where its going.
- The vision is inspiring. Creating economic opportunity for the world's 3 billion workers.
- Really nice peer-to-peer skill building opportunities.
- Monthly hackdays keep the start-up spirit alive even as we grow to 4k+ employees

Cons

- This is a title poor company. Most of my MBA cohort outside LinkedIn are at the Director/VP level. I'm in a comparable job here and am a Manager. Titles aren't a big deal to me, but I have heard that the lower perception hurts employees when they leave the company.

Advice to Management

- Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes. Free us up to go build cool stuff that will change the world.
- Encourage more internal mobility. It happens today within Sales, Product and Engineering. Could it happen across those groups?
-Open up offices in lower cost cities. Denver, Salt Lake City, Austin, Atlanta etc.. It is impossible to buy a home in Mountain View/Palo Alto and standard of living would be higher outside Silicon Valley.

Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn

"Transformational company, staff, and experience. Top 3 Globally for employees!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Food, People, Ping Pong, Amazing Products, Amazing leadership, bright future, Love working in the Empire State Building.

Cons

Getting a bit larger - 900 employees to 5,000 in 3 years. Wowzers. Still, they want us to be a "billion dollar startup", so are trying to remove big company barriers.

Advice to Management

Preserve that startup culture!

2. "LinkedIn has provided me with the best professional experience of my career!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency, Access to management and ability to try new things are just a few of the pros. Most importantly are the people I work with here. I am consistently challenged to grow as my peers are the some of the smartest and most successful in the respective specialties!

Cons

I have experience very few if any cons in my time here at LinkedIn

Advice to Management

Continue to hold onto our startup mentality no matter how large we grow.