LinkedIn - Hands down: The most INCREDIBLE job and work experience of my life. This company is #1 | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

"Hands down: The most INCREDIBLE job and work experience of my life. This company is #1"

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Too many to list. Every perk and benefit imaginable. The people are top-notch. They are all brilliant, humble, loving, nurturing, helpful, grateful. The management is brilliant and inspiring. The compensation is OUT OF THIS WORLD. LinkedIn is changing people's lives, as well as the world. Honored to be a part of this tribe.

Cons

Its a long commute to and fro SF, but its worth it to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing. You deserve to win awards and accolades for the incredible job you are doing. BRAVO!

Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn

"Where Experience Meets Action"

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Each team is designed as a startup of around 40 people. Ie, each team is self contained with an organization of data, engineering, designers, and product, everyone knows everyone, actions are swift, teams are focused.

If you live in south bay - then one of the best work/life balances around.

Very little "cruft."

The chefs cook like they are being reviewed by Michelin guide everyday!

Cons

No San Francisco office for technical positions.
    Not much flexibility around work from home days for SF employees.

Advice to Management

When you build infrastructure for a city you plan 4-10 years out. LinkedIn is rapidly increasing in size. However, the existing communication systems for new projects and knowledge transfer have been designed for a company half our size. The physical embodiment of our communication problem includes conference rooms with standing room only and the use of outlook for email with a xGB limit. I think a company's communication should be thought of as an infrastructural investment.

"Great place to transform career"

Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Senior leadership. Jeff and Mike do a great job of communicating where the company is and where its going.
    - The vision is inspiring. Creating economic opportunity for the world's 3 billion workers.
    - Really nice peer-to-peer skill building opportunities.
    - Monthly hackdays keep the start-up spirit alive even as we grow to 4k+ employees

Cons

- This is a title poor company. Most of my MBA cohort outside LinkedIn are at the Director/VP level. I'm in a comparable job here and am a Manager. Titles aren't a big deal to me, but I have heard that the lower perception hurts employees when they leave the company.

Advice to Management

- Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes. Free us up to go build cool stuff that will change the world.
    - Encourage more internal mobility. It happens today within Sales, Product and Engineering. Could it happen across those groups?
    -Open up offices in lower cost cities. Denver, Salt Lake City, Austin, Atlanta etc.. It is impossible to buy a home in Mountain View/Palo Alto and standard of living would be higher outside Silicon Valley.