Lithium Technologies - Great Company - Great Product - Great People | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

"Great Company - Great Product - Great People"

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Sales Director in San Jose, CA

Pros

I came to Lithium early in 2011 because I recognized them as a top company in a hot space. With a SaaS offering focused on solving complex problems related to social support, commerce, and awareness, I felt Lithium was the right place for the next phase of my career.

The experience has exceeded my expectations. As an individual contributor I was provided ample support to come up to speed quickly, leading to great sales results. I believe we have the best product in this space and a great team to support our success. Lithium has strong marketing leadership, excellent pre-sales support, and differentiated post-sales support/consulting offerings that make it easy to sell and then provide quantifiable success for our customers.

I was especially impressed with the leadership and culture here. The founders of the company are true visionaries who have set a work hard, play hard standard that makes it fun to be a part of. With the addition of Rob Tarkoff as the new CEO we are poised to take the company to the next level and I'm excited to be a part of it.

Cons

Growing Pains.
1. The office is crowded (and in Emeryville). I hope that the planned move to SF happens quickly
2. Product Group has a full plate and are hiring to keep up with the need to align product with company vision as well as customer-requested enhancements
3. Base pay for sales is slighly low. They do make up for it on the variable, with OTE being at the top end of companies I have worked for

Advice to Management

Continue bringing in top talent that are commited to the success of the company and our customers.
Grow the company aggressively, but pragmatically.
Find a way to maintain the fun aspects of Lithium as we cross the chasm and become a large company

Other Employee Reviews for Lithium Technologies

"Exciting!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

New CEO (Rob Tarkoff) is making changes - and for the better. He has brought a vision of renewed focus, opportunity, and a coolness factor to what we do. I am more excited to work at Lithium now. The pros are the people I work with, the work I do, and the possibilities for the future. This isn't a sleeply little company anymore.

Cons

The office (Emeryville) is too crowded. Conference rooms are in high demand and low supply. The commute is tough for a lot of us. We need to move soon.

Advice to Management

Just continue to communicate openly, continue to ask and listen to employees, and continue to make it better for all of us. It's early in Tarkoff's reign, but so far, very good.

Less cereal and more fresh fruit.

"Lithium is investing in the people, their product and culture with the vision to take the company to the next level."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Lithium is making a strong and visible investment in their leadership and employees and setting a strong vision for the future. We are adding new teams of people to help fuel the growth.

There company has been recognized as a leader in the business social media space and has strong analyst recognition via Gartner and Forrester. It is a hot space, Social Media on SaaS platform.

There seems to be a new buzz and excitement in the company as the bar is being raised, The coworkers are dedicated, collaborative and strongly committed to making the company even more successful.

Cons

Quickly outgrowing its current space and additional facilities will be needed soon.

The location in Emeryville can make it a commute challenge. Great for folks in the east bay, not bad from SF, but can be tough from the south bay. But fortunately close to freeway, trains and BART.

Advice to Management

Keep communication open and transparent. Share the vision and the successes. Continue to invest in the employees.

Fast growth is exciting, but be sure to provide ongoing training and development for staff. This is a time a dramatic change and communication is key. Be sure the newly hired employees are assimilated into the company well and made to feel part of the culture.