Lithium Technologies - Great people, great ideals with a fun and embracing culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

"Great people, great ideals with a fun and embracing culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The perks here are amazing. Between having catered lunch and breakfast sprinkled in a few days a week, commuter, gym, performance bonuses and more! Plus the people here are warm and welcoming.

Cons

Priorities from the top seem to keep shifting quite often.

Advice to Management

Talking about Innovation is great; however, if upper management can't manage client expectations and demands appropriately it seems we'll always be in a state of emergency with roadmaps being taken hostage.

Other Employee Reviews for Lithium Technologies

1. "Smart people, good plan, lots of potential"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

Good vision from C-staff, great benefits, great culture, no big egos. Fun work and interesting problems to solve

Cons

Some big competitors in the space, and a lot of work to do to go from this quasi-start up phase to full-fledged, big league company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I see a clear vision and good implementation of our goals and values. I'm very proud of our management team.

"Lots of promise, but trouble executing"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We just moved to a new San Francisco office that feels more "grown up" than our old Emeryville office. Lunches are catered 3 days per week, and we have a lot of perks (e.g., commuter benefits, hiring bonuses, gym benefits, etc.) to keep pace with other Bay Area tech employers.

There's a lot of progress going on in the Engineering team to modernize our venerable platform: Open sourcing of components; moving towards a service-oriented architecture; and sharing knowledge during weekly lunch and learns are among things that are currently happening. There's a feeling of momentum that was previously tough to come by.

From an external perspective, companies no longer need to be convinced that the solution Lithium provides is a worthwhile investment. Our sales team has a lot of momentum and has shown it can expand into global markets.

Cons

There's a lot of talk about innovation, but we really need to step up our game when it comes to executing on our roadmaps. It seems as though we can't go 6 months without some fundamental shift in our plans. I realize this is the cost of doing business, and that sometimes these changes are justified. Other times, you get the feeling a feature was just something we tried to tackle but couldn't get done (or didn't prioritize properly against the rest of the roadmap), and something new has diverted our attention.

Advice to Management

If you want an initiative (product) to succeed, put more weight behind it. We develop and share roadmaps for a reason, but when the time comes to ship what we've been working on, sometimes it comes off as "half-baked" or just not up to the quality that we expect.