Lithium Technologies - Smart people, good plan, lots of potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

"Smart people, good plan, lots of potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

Good vision from C-staff, great benefits, great culture, no big egos. Fun work and interesting problems to solve

Cons

Some big competitors in the space, and a lot of work to do to go from this quasi-start up phase to full-fledged, big league company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I see a clear vision and good implementation of our goals and values. I'm very proud of our management team.

Other Employee Reviews for Lithium Technologies

1. "Hot company on the outside, but not-so hot on the inside"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- at the forefront of the social customer experience space that the big companies are trying to get in
    - work-life balance is fantastic
    - new offices
    - if you're doing what you're supposed to, you don't get micro-managed
    - I look forward to going public!

Cons

- "Be Real" is a company value, but most of the employees are afraid to "be real" and speak their mind for fear of reprimand and politics
    - speaking of politics . . . . there are LOTS of it here
    - comp plans fall short compared to other start-ups at our stage
    - for being a social company, many employees aren't very sociable

Advice to Management

- please read "The Four Agreements" with special attention to "Be Impeccable with Your Word" & "Don't Make Assumptions"

"Lots of promise, but trouble executing"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We just moved to a new San Francisco office that feels more "grown up" than our old Emeryville office. Lunches are catered 3 days per week, and we have a lot of perks (e.g., commuter benefits, hiring bonuses, gym benefits, etc.) to keep pace with other Bay Area tech employers.

There's a lot of progress going on in the Engineering team to modernize our venerable platform: Open sourcing of components; moving towards a service-oriented architecture; and sharing knowledge during weekly lunch and learns are among things that are currently happening. There's a feeling of momentum that was previously tough to come by.

From an external perspective, companies no longer need to be convinced that the solution Lithium provides is a worthwhile investment. Our sales team has a lot of momentum and has shown it can expand into global markets.

Cons

There's a lot of talk about innovation, but we really need to step up our game when it comes to executing on our roadmaps. It seems as though we can't go 6 months without some fundamental shift in our plans. I realize this is the cost of doing business, and that sometimes these changes are justified. Other times, you get the feeling a feature was just something we tried to tackle but couldn't get done (or didn't prioritize properly against the rest of the roadmap), and something new has diverted our attention.

Advice to Management

If you want an initiative (product) to succeed, put more weight behind it. We develop and share roadmaps for a reason, but when the time comes to ship what we've been working on, sometimes it comes off as "half-baked" or just not up to the quality that we expect.