Lithium Technologies - Smart People Who Work Hard | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

"Smart People Who Work Hard"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

The experience of working for this company has changed for the better in the past couple of years.
People used to complain about low pay, but that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. We have a real HR dept and every employee is on a bonus plan.
The people here are great and very few people leave because they aren't happy.
The company is growing and there are going to be lots of opportunities for career growth.

Cons

There are probably some cons to working here in other departments that I don't know about, but I can't think of anything I would change in my department.

Other Employee Reviews for Lithium Technologies

1. "A smart career move"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Things that spring to mind: Fast paced, smart people, innovative culture, strong leaders, healthy work life balance, free food, office location and design! All good.

Cons

Not many, but being in the city I spend more on communting in, and the Bart strikes (or threat of) are a pain!

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve products and features. Continue to be disruptive.

"It is all about the flashy marketing"

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

The company is coming into its own in the last 12 months. It progressed from bring a startup culture, very driven by revenue and key customers and partnership, to one that's driven by market strategy and social expertise. This is mostly the result of hiring the right strategist and the strong focus on IPO.

Cons

The flip side to everything listed in the Pros is that the bulk of those defining the strategy have little clue about social engagement and how this company can use its market advantage to win in the market, as well as be a true technology leader. The upper management don't even use the product besides blogging at the company's own community site or those of key partners. Except for the recent chief product hire, the upper management knows little about the product or technology and are all about flashy talk and presentation. Aren't we at the age where you have to be technical to lead a technology company? Requiring all staff, especially engineers to always be working from the office only leads to productivity drain. It is oblivious to the old school upper management that engineers have a choice and are pursued aggressively - holding them to such a requirement, on top of the long work hours, will not help you retain any talent.

Advice to Management

Stop floating up there in the air with the flashy sales talk and pay more attention to the day-to-day. Spend time understanding your employees' challenges and help them learn and grow, instead of making them feel like they cannot voice their honest opinions.