Lithium Technologies - Great place to work with fantastic potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

"Great place to work with fantastic potential"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the professionalism of the team and the willingness to take changes. Engineering is very fast paced. The team has a feel of we are all in this together to make our company great. Really great benefits and perks too.

Cons

Traffic is terrible at the office location off 360 in austin. In engineering compensation is at market rate but titles are probably below. For example a Sr engineer at most places in town would be a software engineer here, but compensation is correct.

May 27, 2014 – Community Team

Right on, thanks for your review! Glad that you're loving the dynamic of the company, it definitely makes for a unique experience. Regarding the Austin office, I think we've got some good news in ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Lithium Technologies

"Poor Management, Great Benefits.......Stay away from it"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Except the great benefits (Base Salary, Stocks....), there isn't any Pros to state

Cons

Bad work environment, full of politics, not really a good work environment for growth if you joining lately.
    What can i say about management, Unfit people, people not even good as lead/managers become directors here.

Advice to Management

Don't leave this company, you can never find the same title outside this company for your narrow minded politics and skill set.

Jun 23, 2014 – Community Team

Thanks for your comments. We understand we're not perfect and definitely don't claim to be. Yet we strive to be at a place where folks such as yourself can be proud of where we're heading. There's a ... More

2. "Great People and Challenging Projects"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lithium has a solid engineering culture with wide participation in internal blogs, lunch and learns, and inter-team projects. This type of culture is key within a software company as it facilitates knowledge sharing, which is sometimes challenging in a growing organization (and Lithium is definitely growing). Another thing I've enjoyed while at Lithium is that most engineers are very humble and there is very little ego to deal with.

There are a lot of different projects going on at Lithium and they are dealing with lots of different technologies (e.g., nodejs, cassandra, redis, angularjs, java) so there is always something interesting to do/learn.

Cons

This is not really a con, but more of a key to success at Lithium. Lithium has been growing a lot in the past two years and with that growth has come change in both the technical and the cultural sense. As I mentioned in the pros section there is a solid engineering culture, but you need to be proactive and engage in this culture to benefit. Success at Lithium is largely dependent on your ability to engage across teams to gain the knowledge you need to do your job as management will not do this for you (i.e., not a lot of hand holding).

As the company is over ten years old there is some work in older code bases and challenging projects relating to integrating older code bases with newer ones (mostly in a service oriented fashion); however this is true at most successful tech companies and I think working with older code provides insight into the evolution of our industry.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of moving parts within engineering from both engineering-driven refactoring projects to new product direction and it is sometimes easy for engineers to lose site of the wider context in which they work. Continuing to expand the communication channels with monthly meetings and possibly even implementing some type of cross-team work-rotation program will help to break down some of these boundaries.

Apr 28, 2014 – Community Team

These are some great comments - thanks for sharing with us! We think you're spot on about the engineering culture at Lithium. As we continue to grow, it's important for us to understand how our ... More