LiveOps - Insurance Agent | Glassdoor

"Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Wilmington, NC
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working when I want to and from home. That is hard to beat

Cons

The money can be very unpredictable

Advice to Management

get more insurance opportunities

Other Employee Reviews for LiveOps

"Insurance Sales"

Current Contractor - Licensed Insurance Agent
    Current Contractor - Licensed Insurance Agent

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make your own schedule; very flexible
    If you're good, you can make great money
    Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire

Cons

Communication can be poor. Seems to go in streaks. Management typically very supportive; however, you just don't get enough communication on the products that are coming out, the call volume, etc. and it leaves you guessing. This isn't good because if your question is about call volume or the apparent major change in management in the past couple years, while you are 'guessing' what's going on, your paycheck will take a huge hit because the call volume will have dropped so significantly, and you won't know if there will be any other great products to sell to increase your income. By this time, you probably have a foot out the door. They have lost some great people because of this.

Advice to Management

See info on "cons". In a nutshell, more communication. Think as if you were a licensed agent and not in a management role, and think "what is it that I would want?" That will help a lot. The other Key thing is call volume and types of calls. The job flexibility is great, but if you're a licensed insurance agent, it's about the money. You can't make money if call volume wanes so much you know you are going to starve in the summer, or at other times of the year that may be 'typically slow'. In the past 2 years, this 'trend' of call volume has become increasingly worse. As a licensed agent, most of us want challenge, and we want to make more than last week and last year. We are sales people and are driven. Money talks.

"Great company"

I worked at LiveOps full-time

Pros

Exciting opportunity in the SaaS market; great people to work with; positive culture

Cons

Limited training to build new skills

Advice to Management

Compensation is average;most people can find similar work with better comp packages