LivingSocial - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at LivingSocial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the environment, they do a lot to engage their employees and make them feel like part of the family. Ability to make an impact and create processes & procedures.

Cons

As with any start-up, there is a lot of change and ambiguity so you have to be comfortable with that in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

More employee development

Other Employee Reviews for LivingSocial

"Great tech team"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The smartest people I've ever worked with. Tons of flexibility, totally remote team that does it well. Lots of great nerdy stuff to get into. Very few meetings. Everyone uses the latest techniques for developing software.

Cons

Sometimes the work can be mundane, but that's to be expected at any large organization. It would be nice if the tech team had more of an overall direction, but everyone's working on a lot of different things so I guess it has to be this way.

Advice to Management

Stop doing whatever the heck you did to make the media hate us so much.

"Going, going...."

Current Employee - LivingSocial Senior Marketing Consultant
    Current Employee - LivingSocial Senior Marketing Consultant

I have been working at LivingSocial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few years ago I would tell anyone that asked that LivingSocial is my dream job! Best career of my life. The changes that have been made in recent years have been very devastating to my career, family and livelihood. It has been a sad downward spiraling journey. One that I wish upon no one. Now the only pro is that I work from home.

Cons

Too many to mention but here's a few... Hostile work environment (reps in same market are pitted against each other stealing each others accounts in order to stay alive and it's encouraged by managers that state "Well if they didn't take your account inside sales would") New quarter new commission plan and each one is worst than the last and a plot to take top producing reps money, time and livelihood away from them. Last change took every category away from outside sales reps only leaving entertainment and restaurants to sell in their prime season the holidays!! How did that turn out? 80%+ of the outside sales team not making quota...go figure??? Managers unresponsive and hiding from sales reps because they have NO answers. Commissions have to be checked with a fine tooth comb every month because they are always wrong. Not getting paid correctly for deals sold. Different rules for different reps. Some reps hardly ever make quota and never get fired, some reps can miss a month and get fired. Favoritism is alive and well at LivingSocial. No clear direction and professionalism went out the door years ago.

Advice to Management

See the writing on the wall...if you have no reps to manage how will you have a job?