Liz Claiborne - This was my first job after I graduated from college. It was a great training ground for the fashion industry, | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Liz Claiborne

"This was my first job after I graduated from college. It was a great training ground for the fashion industry,"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in New York, NY
Former Employee - Merchandiser in New York, NY

I worked at Liz Claiborne full-time

Pros

Excellent industry training. Many places to move within the company. Strong business relationships. Bought new, exciting brands like Juicy Couture into the mix. Sample sales!

Cons

Brand became watered- down. Too many Liz-brands that didn't differentiate enough from each other.

Advice to Management

The LIZ brand is still powerful but there is a strong need to redefine it or re-invent it for today's market.

Other Employee Reviews for Liz Claiborne

1. "great when I started...went downhill when Paul Charron left! and changing the name to Fifth & Pacific won't save them!"

Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in North Bergen, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in North Bergen, NJ

I worked at Liz Claiborne full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great people, benefits, opportunities and just plain fun to go to work - at least at the time!

Cons

politics, HR BS, narrow vision within the company...but they did provide excellent international job growth opportunities...

Advice to Management

what made you think outsourcing would be, in the longterm, a cost savings? you ended up, for all intents and purposes, re-instituting DBA 'services' back in-house...thanks! HR (at least at that time) couldn't be trusted...one (or more) generalists left because they refused to be a part of the BS...and as with a lot of private sector companies - you played shell games with employees' job/job ...futures...AND got away with it

2. "Great people, not so much the company..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

- Great benefits - 21 days PTO, unlimited sick days, summer hours
    - Amazing AMAZING people. Communication is very open and employees are constantly helping you out if you need. It is very laid back - I saw a review about how there was a lot of office gossip and chitchatting. From my point of view, yes there was gossip and chit chat, but that's expected! People know when they need to get down to business and they work hard. We were not slackers, at least not in my division. I learned so much during my time at Liz...

Cons

- Bad leadership (Bill McComb) and instability of company. Employees are jumping ship because they fear they aren't safe in the long term ...and who can blame them? With all the layoffs and change within the company, no one feels safe. Hopefully Liz (now 5th and Pacific...) will come around and make a comeback. But it has lost its spark, and its direction.

Advice to Management

get it together man!!