Lloyd Group - The Land of Opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lloyd Group

"The Land of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth opportunity: It's there and yours for the taking. All up to you.

Open door policy: 24/7 access to management from the top down (personal or professional).

Culture: Ranked the 35th Best Place to Work in NYC by Crain's NY Business. Great people always willing to lend a hand and get things done. Most have relationships inside and outside of the office. Lloyd is about being a community with employees, partners, clients and friends.

Transparency: Management will tell you really anything you want to know. Just ask.

Rewarding: You have ownership of your projects. As a small company you can make things your own and build a foundation/process or implement a new idea that's reach is company-wide.

Education: It's a small business environment. You get exposure to all areas of Lloyd and while it is hands down a challenging environment, you can't get a better professional education.

SUMMARY: Lloyd really does offer you the opportunity to mold your career into whatever you want it to be (within reason). Everyone here wants you to succeed and wants to see the company succeed. You can be hired with any background/degree and have the opportunity to move up the chain in a short period of time. The company is experiencing fast-paced growth and promotes internally before hiring into senior roles. Your career at Lloyd is what you are willing to put in, but it will be rewarded and recognized in this environment (it's not uncommon for the CEO/COO to send you a "great job" email or take you to lunch). The person who would best succeed here is comfortable with regular change, extremely hard working and detail oriented, and does not require a role with laser eye focus on one task/job responsibility.

Cons

Training: As a young company, there are many people that are eager to learn new skill sets, or learn to improve the skills they use in their role. Lloyd can maximize the output and performance of employees by investing in more professional development programs.

Advice to Management

"The Other Side View": It would be a great exercise to have employees better understand what different departments are working on and what challenges they face to create a greater sense of empathy between colleagues. Most of operations is very tactical and if we can change mindsets to have a more strategic approach, I think employees and our clients would see the impact/value. IT is a fast-paced industry and we don't often put ourselves in each others shoes to understand workload, priorities, time involved in a task, and the affect what we do has on each other's roles.

Lloyd Group Response

Jul 12, 2013 – Brand Manager

What a thorough review! Thank you for the effort and time you took here; your words will provide tremendous value for readers. Your advice and challenges mentioned seem to sum up to one area we ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Lloyd Group

1. "Culture, Location, Flexibility and Growth"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time

Pros

I wish I could give 4.5 stars because Lloyd is definitely not perfect. However, what Lloyd Excels at is listening to employee problems and trying to put its Employees first as much as it can.

Additionally, the Culture at Lloyd is great. Lloyd tends to hire people who are not only competent in their field but more importantly a culture fit. Everybody is friendly and always willing to help and because of this, it makes all of our company events (usually at least once a month) that much more fun.

Lloyd has 3 locations which make it extremely convenient for anyone who lives in Philly, Princeton or access to Manhattan. The Manhattan office is just a few blocks away from Penn and Grand Central

I have worked for other MSPs before and I have never had the flexibility that I have had at Lloyd. Whether it is working from home, taking PTO or needing to switch hours, Lloyd has been extremely accomodating in this regard.

Bottom line is, as an analyst, you have an opportunity to learn a lot in a fast pace as you are able to work on so many different network setups in any given day. Lloyd is seen as a great stepping stone to another opportunity HOWEVER that is not to say that Lloyd is lacking in opportunities to grow. There are many career paths that you can take within Lloyd and if you are a good fit, the management will do its best to see that you are accommodated as much as they can.

Cons

While I mentioned above, the management tries to put Employees first, they are not always the greatest at communicating their motives and strategies to do so. They have been getting better at this though.

If you are in an analyst position, being On-Call isn't the greatest but they are working on limiting the hours at which On-Call is actually On Call by hiring people to work the late shifts.

Advice to Management

Management appears to be going in the right direction with the company and while there have been some bumps on the road, they appear to know what they're doing so they don't need any advice from me.

Lloyd Group Response

Oct 20, 2016 – Founder, Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. One of our three core values (Be Human, Be Accountable, Be Better) centers on transparency and holding ourselves accountable. Hearing from current and ... More

2. "Good place to work"

I worked at Lloyd Group full-time

Pros

On the job learning
    Nice work environment
    Great co-workers
    Remote work opportunity

Cons

Extremely fast paced....sometimes too fast
    Limited advancement opportunities for remote workers
    Terrible work/life balance

Advice to Management

Recent changes within the last 6 months were promising. Continue with that and continue working on making employees lives better. Communication was always stressed but the internal communication failed all too often. Make that one of the areas to improve on.

The culture of the company is second to none. They are truly a work hard, play hard group of people and always a blast to be around. It made the work environment very enjoyable. Definitely a fun company to work for.