Lloyd Group - Be Human. Be Accountable. Be Better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lloyd Group

"Be Human. Be Accountable. Be Better"

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time

Pros

Top 50 place to work in all of NYC!
Unlimited Opportunity - not given, but earned
Professional and Personal Development - so much to learn and from so many diverse people
Relationships - with fellow employees and clients - lasts for years
Flexibility - Work from home, Comp Days, OT
Great Environment - dog-friendly office, company events, team building,

Cons

Take Advantage of Opportunity - most that have had a negative experience with Lloyd have commented on what they didn't get or felt they deserved...I'm sorry but its 2013, the job market isn't that great and there are many hungry people out there that would do anything to be just employed with a company like Lloyd - growth & opportunity is something that is always available at Lloyd - the ones that experience it are the ones that go out and earn it by taking it...the one's that didnt are the ones that expected someone to hand it over to them...one important lesson I can teach is be vocal and speak of what you want - things will fall into place.

Jul 12, 2013 – Brand Manager

Great to hear that you have had a fulfilling career path during your time at Lloyd. Thank you for voicing your stance on employment at Lloyd, and we look forward to many more successful years... More

Other Employee Reviews for Lloyd Group

"Awful Management"

Former Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I worked at Lloyd Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just earning a paycheck to pay the bills

Cons

Very poor management
    Managers don't care, they will used/abused you until you are out the door
    Training......Yeah right! Keep dreaming
    Awful and expensive medical coverage
    No bonus
    No yearly review, therefore, No Salary increase!
    Everything is a big secret, and don't ask/critique unless you want to lose your job
    You learn by doing it yourself, or watching your coworker getting crucified
    Employee hiring/been fired is like a never ending revolving door

Advice to Management

Lloyd Group has to do a clean house, hire real managers with real experience (not interns getting the position by favoritism). Take care and support your employees when something goes wrong with a client, learn to face adversity in this environment.

Jul 12, 2013 – Brand Manager

I'm sorry to read that you had a negative experience during your tenure at Lloyd. Your review does not reflect the values of our organization, and we are disappointed to hear that this was the case... More

2. "The Land of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Lloyd Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth opportunity: It's there and yours for the taking. All up to you.

Open door policy: 24/7 access to management from the top down (personal or professional).

Culture: Ranked the 35th Best Place to Work in NYC by Crain's NY Business. Great people always willing to lend a hand and get things done. Most have relationships inside and outside of the office. Lloyd is about being a community with employees, partners, clients and friends.

Transparency: Management will tell you really anything you want to know. Just ask.

Rewarding: You have ownership of your projects. As a small company you can make things your own and build a foundation/process or implement a new idea that's reach is company-wide.

Education: It's a small business environment. You get exposure to all areas of Lloyd and while it is hands down a challenging environment, you can't get a better professional education.

SUMMARY: Lloyd really does offer you the opportunity to mold your career into whatever you want it to be (within reason). Everyone here wants you to succeed and wants to see the company succeed. You can be hired with any background/degree and have the opportunity to move up the chain in a short period of time. The company is experiencing fast-paced growth and promotes internally before hiring into senior roles. Your career at Lloyd is what you are willing to put in, but it will be rewarded and recognized in this environment (it's not uncommon for the CEO/COO to send you a "great job" email or take you to lunch). The person who would best succeed here is comfortable with regular change, extremely hard working and detail oriented, and does not require a role with laser eye focus on one task/job responsibility.

Cons

Training: As a young company, there are many people that are eager to learn new skill sets, or learn to improve the skills they use in their role. Lloyd can maximize the output and performance of employees by investing in more professional development programs.

Advice to Management

"The Other Side View": It would be a great exercise to have employees better understand what different departments are working on and what challenges they face to create a greater sense of empathy between colleagues. Most of operations is very tactical and if we can change mindsets to have a more strategic approach, I think employees and our clients would see the impact/value. IT is a fast-paced industry and we don't often put ourselves in each others shoes to understand workload, priorities, time involved in a task, and the affect what we do has on each other's roles.

Jul 12, 2013 – Brand Manager

What a thorough review! Thank you for the effort and time you took here; your words will provide tremendous value for readers. Your advice and challenges mentioned seem to sum up to one area we... More