Employee Review

Current Employee

Doing great things!

Nov 19, 2020 - Employee Experience Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Zero layoffs during COVID - Fun, engaging culture - Unique opportunity and position in an underestimated industry - Healthy biz model and growing fast!

Cons

- Hard to get a pulse on how direct/critical/real you can really get, largely b/c being remote makes it hard to sort that out when you are new

5 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Passionate people + flexible work from home policy

Feb 20, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally care about employees and good coworkers

Cons

Employee churn rate continues to be high

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Uninspiring vision & leadership

Sep 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- kind coworkers - pockets of passionate people - good benefits

Cons

- poor compensation - leadership doesn’t recognize or promote people who actually do the work - people ops team promotes mediocrity. No culture of performance or results - young, male executive team with little awareness of their shortcomings

Continue reading
    10 people found this review helpful

Lob Response

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to provide insight into your experience at Lob. We think we have kind coworkers too, and strive to foster a culture where lobsters can be their best, authentic selves. We appreciate your feedback on where you think we could do better and we’d like to address those aspects too: Compensation - As a young start up, we need to balance being financially responsible with paying competitively. Lob utilizes a market-based compensation approach, which eliminates the ability for bias to sneak in and promotes equity. We can appreciate why someone would think this means we are not paying for performance but chose this approach because of the bias mitigation benefit. Promotions & Recognition - We also appreciate your feedback about recognition and promotions, and are aware of the trends you mentioned. In Q3, we rolled out standardized leveling across the business and launched a bi-annual talent review to ensure we are applying consistent standards across roles and functions. In the fall, we are launching a standardized promotions process, which will create clear expectations and ensure all employees are held to a consistent bar. Leadership Team - While we understand our Leadership team is 78% men, we are excited to have Divya Chittoor (VP of Product) and Anne Serpente (VP of People) bring their experience and perspectives to the team. Sourcing candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds is a key part of our recruiting strategy and our goal is to add more gender & racial diversity at all levels of the organization. If you have any more specific feedback about what we can do better, please shoot us an email at WeAreListening@lob.com. Anything shared will be deeply appreciated.

Discover more reviews about Lob.