Loblaw Companies - Great Company- Hard Work For The Future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Loblaw Companies

"Great Company- Hard Work For The Future"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Loblaw Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Despite its efforts to amalgamate supply and management centrally- staff are still community focussed and driven to client satisfaction. Business strategies are a constant update meaning every day brings new challenges.

Cons

A publically traded company meaning profits go away from workers-wages are frozen for top employees and are falling behind cost of living.Most full time employees are barely hanging on. Training hour allowance have been removed making it nearly impossible to bring in new talent- generally that is the sign of the end in most organizations. The management teams are holding their breath for improvement in 2013-14.

Advice to Management

Shake up the issues between specialists and department managers-follow up on issues regarding SPLAN changes and stop shoving inventory down the pipe. If we say we don''t need it, we're usually correct.

Other Employee Reviews for Loblaw Companies

"Employees are not really as valued as Loblaw makes them out to be."

Former Employee - Order Assembler/Reach Truck Operator/Receiver/Loader in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I worked at Loblaw Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Good Training. Good equipment use in the distribution centres which is also well maintained. Employee discount at the store level.

Cons

Once I hit top rate at the DC I felt like management's attitude toward me had changed. It seemed as though they were just trying to bug me enough so that I would quit...then they could get someone else making less money, to do the same job.

Advice to Management

Need to do a better job making the employees feel more appreciated. Some work VERY hard, and that should be respected and appreciated.

2. "Soul Crushing"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Loblaw Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, Employee discount, pension, flex time.

Cons

Salary! The worst and so below industry standard. It's almost funny, but still sad. And due to restructuring of wages, employees with +20 years of experience are at the same wage level as someone who walks in off the street. I'm refering to Corporate jobs, not store level.

The favoritism is appalling. Truly qualified, experienced and deserving employees are passed up for promotions, and the dumb guy who can't even work a mouse is promoted because he drinks on weekends with the boss.

Advice to Management

Leave.