Loblaw - Employees are not really as valued as Loblaw makes them out to be. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Loblaw

"Employees are not really as valued as Loblaw makes them out to be."

Former Employee - Order Assembler/Reach Truck Operator/Receiver/Loader in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I worked at Loblaw full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Good Training. Good equipment use in the distribution centres which is also well maintained. Employee discount at the store level.

Cons

Once I hit top rate at the DC I felt like management's attitude toward me had changed. It seemed as though they were just trying to bug me enough so that I would quit...then they could get someone else making less money, to do the same job.

Advice to Management

Need to do a better job making the employees feel more appreciated. Some work VERY hard, and that should be respected and appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for Loblaw

1. "Soul Crushing"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Loblaw full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, Employee discount, pension, flex time.

Cons

Salary! The worst and so below industry standard. It's almost funny, but still sad. And due to restructuring of wages, employees with +20 years of experience are at the same wage level as someone who walks in off the street. I'm refering to Corporate jobs, not store level.

The favoritism is appalling. Truly qualified, experienced and deserving employees are passed up for promotions, and the dumb guy who can't even work a mouse is promoted because he drinks on weekends with the boss.

Advice to Management

Leave.

2. "Working at The Real Canadian Superstore - Front End Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier, Front End in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Cashier, Front End in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Loblaw part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Busy work, an excellent opportunity to learn new things, knowing where things are in the store, 80% dental coverage, starting wage 9.75$/hour awesome health benefits.

Cons

Rude customers, but that's not the store's fault. Sometimes the price checkers and cash pickupers can be very rude and impatient.

Advice to Management

More coffee and donuts!