Localsearch - love my job | Glassdoor

"love my job"

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that is constantly changing and evolving and with it presents opportunities for personal and professional growth. Hard work is acknowledged and rewarded with opportunity for career progression & managers who want to guide you to do better.

Cons

Some employees with negative attitudes can impact the workplace culture

Localsearch2019-02-11

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Love the Family"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love a company that wants to grow and evolve for the right reasons. Who trust in their good stuff to get the job done but can also have fun too. I am someone who loves change and learning new things - so this fast paced environment is exciting - as soon as I walked in the door I felt home. I have learnt more in my role in 12 months then I did in 10 years in my last role.

Cons

I don’t sleep well as I am always thinking about what we can do next.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we’re doing and stop and celebrate the wins when we can.

Localsearch2019-09-13
  2. "There's nothing fake about Localsearch!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Team Member in Robina

I have been working at Localsearch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Localsearch less than a year ago - and let me tell you - all of these positive reviews are true! It's a great place to work. I came from an unrelated industry with no digital marketing experience (apart from the usual - Facebook, Instagram accounts etc) I was hired, because I love people, I love helping people and LS want people who want to help our customers navigate the complex world of digital. I am so... grateful that LS didn't see my lack of digital knowledge as a disadvantage. Why? Because they have a room full of experts who teach me every day! I brought my personality, my thirst for learning and my customer focus. And as they say, the rest is history :) Culture? Well, culture is everyone's responsibility. I don't hold Localsearch responsible for babysitting me through my career. I'm an adult and it's up to me, to decide whether I want to encourage a positive workplace or a toxic one. I choose positive. It's working out great, so far :)

Cons

Some of the downsides of working at Localsearch? Every company who is developing and growing will experience pain. Sometimes we run too fast, sometimes not fast enough. Sometimes, we expect more than we should. I'd say it's pretty normal and while you can sometimes feel like a deer in the headlights, it's refreshing and reassuring to know that the main attitude is "Let's work together to get on the same page" I've... heard first-hand when executives have put their hands up and said "We made an error there, let's fix it and learn from it" I've never felt like my contribution doesn't matter in some way. I've never felt like I didn't matter. The mistakes are part of the journey and everyone works together to do better next time.

Advice to Management

Negative feedback means we are succeeding because it's so rare, that toxic people have no other outlet than online forums to hide behind instead of growing a pair and having a conversation, which I know each and every Lead, Manager and Executive would be happy to have an explore improvements. The 80/20 rule is more like 95/5 at Localsearch, that's something to celebrate!

Localsearch2019-09-19

Discover more reviews about Localsearch.