Location Labs - Good Experience | Glassdoor

"Good Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

Good work, lot to learn

Cons

No onsite opportunites thus limited ineteraction

Advice to Management

No onsite opportunites

Other Employee Reviews for Location Labs

1. "Great company going through lots of change"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Location Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Management is approachable, communicative, and competent for the most part
    - Work-life balance is unlike any other company where I've worked - it's okay to take a couple days off to care for your sick kid or work from home to deal with personal/home things (I haven't done this but it's pretty common in the office)
    - Phalanx Fridays: different teams present on what they're working on, a great way to expand your knowledge outside of your area of expertise and perhaps have a deeper appreciation for how your work fits into the greater company goals
    - Dogs in the office!

Cons

With the Avast acquisition, change was/is inevitable. There has been significant turnover as a result, and it's a critical time for the company to retain and (continue to) recruit quality people. From what I've seen, management is taking an active role in addressing this by getting to know its people on a more personal level, upping recruitment efforts, and, in some areas, allowing us to be part of the change (e.g., taking into account our collective opinion on benefits).

Pay is about on par with the market, if not slightly lower. But, I feel like the culture around professional growth and promoting talent mobility make up for the slightly lower salary.

This company takes takes calculated risks with its products, which is a good thing to remain competitive in the market. Unfortunately, with shifting priorities from the carriers, ideas with potential get put on hold or dropped completely.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Continue hiring great people who see the long-term company goals and want to be here to make that happen.

"Ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Location Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

East bay location, scenery view of the bay

Cons

No remote work, no parental leave beyond what is a law, lunch only one day a week, regularly empty fridge (no water even, and to find fruits is a rare surprise), no 401K matching

Advice to Management

Tasso's departure was a bummer, as well as the departure of many of the very best employees in 2016.