LockerDome - LockerDome is a social networking company on the rise with tremendous workers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LockerDome

"LockerDome is a social networking company on the rise with tremendous workers."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at LockerDome as an intern

Pros

It's a startup social networking company focused on athletes and sports teams around the nation.

Cons

Its a lot of work. Startups take sometimes endless days to keep running.

Other Employee Reviews for LockerDome

"The Best Experience You'll Find in a Startup"

Former Employee - Publisher Development Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Publisher Development Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at LockerDome full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team, unbelievable leadership & management, badass office, fully stocked bar, great incentives, gym package, stock incentives, proven startup, unreal experience. I was an employee at LockerDome for over a year and the experience I gained is truly going to help me for the rest of my life and brought on new prestigious job offers from established companies (Square, Yelp, Facebook).

Cons

If you're looking to work 9-5, you're going to the wrong place. The only con was not having Natural Light Bottles in the fridge!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The transparency is strong. The CEO always informs the employees about business endeavors. Keep trusting in your employees and the vision to change the world.

"Amazing team. The most I've ever learned, the most productive I've ever been, the hardest I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at LockerDome full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers: Among the smartest and most supportive you will ever have the pleasure of working alongside. There is intense comradery from enduring the highs and lows of startup life together. Whether you need a mechanic or help solving a business/tech problem, someone is there to help. There is an outer facade of tough guys/girls here, but they're all squishy in the middle.

Office culture: Relaxed but serious vibe. Come as you are, wear what you want. Just get your work done.

Career acceleration: As long as you prove you get things done, you will be given increasing responsibilities -- regardless of your past education/background/resume/age. That's extra weight on your shoulders, but it's also a tremendous opportunity to learn and grow professionally.

Management: There is not a one-size-fits-all approach, which means all different types of personalities can succeed here.

Cons

First and foremost, this is not a company where mediocrity and underperformance is lost among the noise. If you are a low performer, you will be a.) identified and b.) pushed to be more productive. If you do not meet expectations, you may not last here. This pressure may feel uncomfortable at first, but if you can rise to the occasion, you might find yourself leading a team or being shifted to new roles where you can better utilize your skills and grow.

Second, check your entitlement at the door; you don't earn money just for showing up and sitting at a desk. Entry-level salaries are standard but may feel low compared to the hours. However, if you prove you are an asset to the company, you will be rewarded.

Third, every other aspect of your life feels inefficient compared to this place, and you won't have a ton of time for your personal life M-F. That said, many people here have families and/or significant others.

Advice to Management

Continue to attract and retain a stellar team.