Lockerz - A sinking ship.... | Glassdoor

"A sinking ship...."

I worked at Lockerz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Free lunches
--Casual environment
--Great office space
--A paycheck

Cons

--After four years of existence, the product is still broken and undefined.
--Leadership continues to turn a blind eye towards metrics.
--A "groupthink" mentality exists among the company, where they convince themselves that what they're doing is good without listening to any kind of third-party or user feedback.
--A culture of fear is set in place due to A) the fact that funding is running out and B) the history of massive turnover.
--Stop focusing on the perks, the shiny benefits package and the extra fancy stuff, and go back to the drawing board on your product. It's never worked, and never will unless you do.

Advice to Management

Wake up. It's 2013, you're almost out of money.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockerz

1. "Ignore the fake reviews on this site. Please do not work for this company."

I have been working at Lockerz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Free food.
    -Ping pong table.
    -Listening to annoying rap music blasted by the creative director's speakers so the entire -office could hear (this is a joke, people).

Cons

-Staff was turned over three times during my tenure. I even saw one guy get fired before he even started.
    -The company has gone through four HR staff during my tenure.
    -The product metamorphosis went something like this: try to be everything to everything --> try to be Pinterest (and take credit for coming up with the idea first) --> rebrand into a completely different site
    - Speculation around inflated metrics/traffic numbers completely speak for themselves. You can read between the lines and see through the smokescreen on them so easy.

Advice to Management

No advice can save this company. Sorry. Even their so-called "re-branding" to Ador.

2. "Funnest Startup I've Ever Worked For"

I have been working at Lockerz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working for Lockerz...every day there's always something to laugh about. Work with some of the smartest *and* nicest people I know. Great atmosphere to work in and collaborate with others. Everyone is very helpful and extremely team oriented. No one has the attitude of "that's not my job". Best part is no office politics.

Cons

No cons that I know of