Lockheed Martin - Hard work, long hours, great pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Hard work, long hours, great pay"

Current Employee - Technician in Anchorage, AK
Current Employee - Technician in Anchorage, AK

Pros

The pay is great in the alaskan region, much higher than in the lower 48, but for that the conditions are much harsher. You get to see a large part of the state, much more than even people who have lived here for decades. Boots are company paid for.

Cons

The conditions are not to be underestimated. Often there is no hotel, no restaurant, no accommodations besides the cot and sleeping bag you bring to the field with you.

Advice to Management

More feedback. I can'y emphasize this enough. With only the FAA as a customer, its rare to hear feedback from the customer, so that has to fall to management instead.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

"They don't seem to care about the workers in the trenches."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Pros

Good benefits & opportunities for professional growth. Large company with many locations provides job transfer if desired.

Cons

Defense industry can be fickle so job security is risky. Size of company makes any suggestions to change or improve processes nearly impossible. Method of employee ratings causes competition among team members.

Advice to Management

Make sure to have some management who have risen in the technical ranks & not all just business majors.

2. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Learning Center Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Learning Center Specialist in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Working at Lockheed Martin is one of the most thrilling things that i have ever done. It is always something new and exciting. I can advance in my directs if I choose to. The benefits are very good and the ability to balance work and life is another excellent factor. The employees that I work with are some of the very best talented individuals I have seen. Pay is very good for the region that I reside.

Cons

One of the many downsides is that you are not always recolonized for you achievements or accomplishments. Employee's like to know that they are doing well and are being heard. Employees that excel should be rewarded more often.

Advice to Management

It is my opinion that employee's deserve recgonition for a job well done where as we sometimes we go outside of our scope of work to please a customer. While it is nice that employee's are recognized for years of service with the company that is just sometimes no all it is wrapped up to be.