Lockheed Martin - Enterprise business services (EBS) great place to work but not for long. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Enterprise business services (EBS) great place to work but not for long."

Current Employee - Computer Support in Mayaguez, PR
Current Employee - Computer Support in Mayaguez, PR

Pros

you get to learn a ton of tools that will help you out in any employment, and very useful for future positions. the people at the site are very helpful. You are just an IM away from every employee in the whole company. The take immense advantage of learning management systems and Microsoft products making it easier to work.

Cons

Not always compensated as you should, you mite be the best but the performance metric is crazy, you go above a beyond you quota and they nitpick because of tardiness. Its very monotonous work, you get sick and tied of taking calls after a while.

Advice to Management

listen better to employee complaints and apply improvements

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. "Rated "best place to launch a career," but when the honeymoon's over, you gotta love what you're doing."

Current Employee - Senior Aeronautical Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Aeronautical Engineer in Marietta, GA

Pros

The defense industry is stable, and the work is interesting. You'll never run out of questions about your job at cocktail parties. You can always find projects you can sink your teeth in, and you'll work with some enthusiastic and smart people. You can become an expert in something very few people can do -- build aircraft. There is plenty of opportunity to make a good living for you and your family. If you have hobbies and/or community involvement, you can usually flex your working hours to accommodate them.

Cons

You're not going to get rich. Or recognized in a satisfying way for that matter. Some people receive rewards, usually not more than a couple hundred dollars, because they made the company tens of thousands (or even millions) of dollars. The aforementioned enthusiastic and smart people are often pursuing other avenues like a side business or education, 1) because they can and 2) they realize the limitations of working in a huge corporation.

Also, as a Gen Xer, I feel the pinch from both generations beside me. The company is hiring tons of college graduates because they're cheap and we need a workforce when the baby boomers retire, and the baby boomers dominate the workforce as it is. I don't see a promotion into leadership for at least 5 years, maybe longer with this ridiculous stock market.

Advice to Management

I still don't understand how "leveraging diversity is critical to our corporation's success." Perhaps you could better explain this concept to us, or better yet, return the focus to building aircraft.

2. "Lockheed Martin, great job for an entry-level or senior level technologist"

Current Employee - Usability Specialist in Woodlawn, MD
    Current Employee - Usability Specialist in Woodlawn, MD

Pros

The work schedule is flexible, when you put in your 40 hours you are allowed to leave (as long as it is okay with your manager) or you can bank the hours for use later.
    You gain a lot of experience from LM and if you stay with them and do a good job and you are a US citizen, then you can easily get hired on at the Social Security Administration which is who we are contracted to work for in the Woodlawn, MD area.

Cons

The pay is less than at other area government contractors.
    They hire many H1B visas which take away from jobs for citizens, I don't think it is fair that they hire people just because they can pay them less.
    Only merit raises from 1-2.5% once per year.

Advice to Management

Pay your worthy employees more. We work hard and deserve better raises.